Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

"7th Speaker" not working?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Default "7th Speaker" not working?

Hey all! I'm 2 weeks into being a Pacifica Touring owner. Love the handling and the looks of the car. What I'm trying to figure out is the 7th speaker my car came with on the dash. Is it a tweeter? A speaker? What is it's purpose given it's location? To provide "surround sound"?

I use the fader and balance controls on the stereo and no sound. I have the single CD am/fm radio with cassette and separate bass/treble controls. Also has the 6 CD/DVD changer.

Lastly, the option sheet i got from the dealer for it says it's the radio is the Infinity model. Yet no visible designation on the speakers or radio (like my 05 Durango has).

Any hints on how to get this dash speaker working?

THANKS!!

Old 08-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Cool dash speaker

Hey there, I had some info for ya. My wife's 04 pacifica has the dash speaker in use. Its a 3.5" speaker for front staging sound fill. The Infinity sound system is in hers. When we bought it the previous owners took the factory sub and enclosure out of the right rear wall so i had one made to fit in there with a new subwoofer. If you don have a speaker there, you can buy one from the dealer, have it installed and and whoever installs it may have to run wire from the speaker to your radio or amplifier. Hope this was helpful.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Default pacifica dash speaker

one more thing, see if you have a factory amp. it'll be in the rt rear floor under storage area. if its there, there should be factory speaker wire under the dasy speaker grill, which pops right up easily. if theres wire there and no speaker, just buy a speaker. if theres a speaker there and no sound, its blown. if no factory amplifier, have a dash speaker installed and have them run speaker wire from it to the radio. Then you"ll have sound. It makes a big difference with that speaker working.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:56 AM

in my Pac this speaker become alive when navigation is giving me direction to destination...