Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

ABS light and AWD

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: ABS light and AWD

When u do the key on key off deal the codes that come up is for federal emissions codes only.
The law states that any car from 96 on up has to have the same connector under the dash with the same pin outs so that any normal code reader can get the codes for the Engine computer. With that said the ABS does not fall under that law so that computer system is not required to be read by a 50.00 code reader it will haft to be talked to by a more advanced computer reader like the 5,000 ones at the dealer. Its not a ploy by Chrysler every auto maker in the world works like this.
SO back to what was originally said go to the dealer get the updated sensors installed and be done with it.
Or if u know its the speed sensors go buy them on your own from the dealer all 4 and do it yourself the front ones are easy the rear ones hehe U will have fun with.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:35 PM

I just ordered a full set of sensors. I should have them next Tuesday. So reading your last post, what do I need to know about the rear? You have certainly peaked my interest!

I appreciate your help!!

Scott

Old 01-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Service InformationREMOVAL [ol][*]Access and remove rear hub and bearing from vehicle. (Refer to 2 - SUSPENSION/REAR/HUB / BEARING - REMOVAL) CAUTION: Prior to removal, clean area around sensor head to help prevent contaminants from entering bearing when sensor head is removed.[*]Remove screw fastening speed sensor head to hub and bearing (Rear Hub And Bearing With Wheel Speed Sensor).[*]Remove wheel speed sensor from hub and bearing.[/ol]
Service InformationREMOVAL NOTE: Before proceeding, (Refer to 2 - SUSPENSION/REAR - WARNING). [ol][*]Raise and support vehicle. (Refer to LUBRICATION & MAINTENANCE/HOISTING - STANDARD PROCEDURE)[*]Remove tire and wheel assembly.[*]If equipped with AWD:[*]Remove cotter pin, nut lock and spring washer from half shaft (Hub Nut And Lock).[*]While a helper applies brakes to keep hub from turning, remove hub nut (Hub Nut And Lock). [/ol][*]Remove brake caliper and rotor from hub and bearing assembly. (Refer to 5 - BRAKES/HYDRAULIC/MECHANICAL/ROTOR - REMOVAL)[*]Disconnect vehicle wiring harness from wheel speed sensor connector (Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Cable Routing).[*]Unclip wheel speed sensor connector from spare tire mounting support (Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Cable Routing).[*]Disconnect two sensor cable routing clips on rear suspension crossmember (Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Cable Routing).[*]Disconnect two sensor cable routing clips along toe link (Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Cable Routing).[*]Disconnect sensor cable from bracket on brake support (Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Cable Routing).[*]Completely loosen, but do not remove four bolts fastening hub and bearing in place (Hub And Bearing Mounting Bolts). Once loosened from threads in hub and bearing, push bolts up against rear of hub and bearing to keep brake support plate in place when hub and bearing is removed.[*]Pull hub and bearing off knuckle and half shaft (if equipped with AWD), then thread wheel speed sensor cable through hole in brake support plate as it is removed with hub and bearing (Hub And Bearing Removal/Installation). [/ol]

Old 01-24-2009, 01:23 PM

Oh is that all? And I thought it was going to be tough!! :OP

I guess this will be a Saturday project rather than a week night!!

Thanks for all the help, it is truely appreciated!!
Scott