Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

ALL Warning Lights are On

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Default ALL Warning Lights are On

Driving on the highway today, a snowstorm with very wet roads (may be important), ALL of my warning lights came on. The radio powered off, the climate control powered off, front wipers off, rear wipers on, speedo off, gas gauge on, lights on,... almost everything off except the car kept running. I stopped for a bit and turned the car off, then turned it back on and most lights went off except the check engine (which could be loose gas cap, etc.). Drove another 40 miles and it happened again. When it happens the car shifts very rough in lowwer gears. Warning lights included:

* ABS
* Check Engine
* Traction Control
* ESP BAS
* Tire Pressure Monitor
* some lightening bolt looking thing - not sure what is exactly
* and others I am forgetting at the moment

I suspect that there is water somewhere it should not be, and this will self-correct. Before I take it to the dealer to start looking if the lights do not go off, I wanted to see if anyone else has seen this and have any ideas the cause.

It is a 2007 Pacifica, AWD, 4.0L, with 117,000 miles on it. Runs great, no major problems with it ever...

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Old 03-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Question all warning lights on

As of today, I have basically the same problem! Did you find out what your issue was, or did anyone give any clue?

Old 03-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

get the codes for the lights then go from there

Old 03-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Smile All warning lights on

Originally Posted by lonestranger
As of today, I have basically the same problem! Did you find out what your issue was, or did anyone give any clue?
Don't know if it will help you, but on the advise of another forum member (sorry, I don't have their name, for "credit") I took off both battery cables and examined them closely (on first look they looked OK, but on close exam, I found that the negative cable had internal corrosion as well as the Chrysler "spring clip" terminal end could not be tightened enough to be firmly seated, resulting in thin film of corrosion on both the negative terminal and the terminal end. I replaced the "spring terminal" with marine battery terminal which also has a stud for the neg cable. Cleaned up the neg cable, after stripping approx inch of insulation to get below corrosion (and neutralized the corrosion around the neg battery post fitting). Sprayed pos and neg posts/cable ends. Fired the beastie up and found the Sun was once again in the heavens and everything was as intended with the Pacifica!! Long winded, but hope this helps!!

Drive Safe and Enjoy!

Lonestranger

G