Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Aux Jack Modification

Old 10-08-2018, 11:42 AM
Default Aux Jack Modification

My new to me '07 Pacifica Touring 4.0 has no aux jack for plugging in my phone/MP3 Player.

I'm seeing some options online but curious if anyone on the forum here has had success with one or another interface

Thanks!

Old 10-08-2018, 07:22 PM

Don't know what radio your's has, as most offer different units by trim level. My slightly older (04's) T&C's had RAZ level(on the front face plate) AM/FM Cassette/Single CD that I found a write up to put in an aux. jack from a site online. BUT it involved COMPLETE tear down of the radio to solder leads to the cassette outputs and needed to have some type of "continuous play" tape (like a cleaner tape) for it to work. I really didn't want to do that so I bought a cassette/aux adapter and installed that with radio into our 04 neon for my son that uses it for his sole music source thru his "smart phone" song list. And is happy with the way the adapter works. and they're only about $10.00 US. My current 04T&C has the AM/FM/single CD/ Navigation display screen with a separate 6 disc changer, but no aux. jack. AND I don't miss that at all, as I don't use such things to need an aux jack.
So if yours has cassette and you want quick, cheap and easy update....Get a cassette/aux adapter tape and be happy and have some time and bucks left in your pocket!

Old 10-12-2018, 12:15 PM

O, how easy it would be if I had the tape deck.
Unfortunately, that's a no go for me.
Both you and the manual insist that my level or model of radio is listed on the front, but I have looked multiple times and don't see it.
Based on the pictures in my manual, I think I have the RAH radio.
I saw a video on YouTube that indicated many of these Chrysler units have an open port in the back that one could potentially plug an interface into while still maintaining the functionality of the CD player. The interface in the vid I saw had stereo RCA jacks on the other side, which is easily adaptable to an 1/8" plug for a phone/MP3 player.
I have trim tools and have taken the radio off on my old car, so I'm ready to do it, but I was hoping for a forum voice of experience to encourage me or discourage me as to whether the open port existed on my (RAH?) radio and what interface may be recommended.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:40 AM
Thumbs up

Ok, I had some time yesterday evening, so I did some exploratory surgery.
I removed my radio and found this label

Which doesn't say RAH or REV or any of the labels suggested in my manual, but it certainly has some useful info.
I was really getting down into the weeds and noting the color of wires connected at each of these posts 1-32 in the diagram above.
But then, I decided to turn the car on as I was using a lot of interior light. Naturally, the radio came on. So, I figured I'd just do some experimenting.
Removing the top connector (pins 1-10) did not affect the radio playing music from the CD player. So, I cycled through the modes and I had AM, FM, CD, but no Sirius Satellite Radio.

Ha Ha Eureka!! I don't want Sirius radio anyway, I want an 1/8" cable to play my phone. So I need an adapter that ends with this 10 pin connector

So far, I've found two options online
CHRY02-AUX Auxiliary Input Adapter for select 2002-08 Chrysler :: Auxiliary Input Adapters

Amazon Amazon

They seem to fit the bill.
Ok, it may be a minute before I pull the trigger on one or the other (I'm leaning towards the one from discountcarstereo)
But I wanted to post the update on the off chance that someone was following along with this thread.
Or the more likely chance that someone in the future will search for this content and find the information useful

Old 10-16-2018, 11:56 AM

I put this radio in my 07 and used the AUX jack. You can buy these on ebay for about $50

Old 10-31-2018, 12:14 PM

So to wrap up my project, I did go ahead and order the CHRY-02 AUX adpater from Discountcarstereo.com

It's connector fit perfectly in the back of my radio after unplugging the connector for SIRIUS (as described in earlier thread post)

It worked like a charm immediately. I have it just hanging out in the cavity back behind the radio. The 1/8" cable runs from the CHRY-02 AUX down the rack to where there is a small cubbie hole. It's pretty much the perfect place to leave my phone. So, I drilled a 1/4" hole in the back of the cubbie and ran the cable through. It's been working great.

Total cost was about 65 dollars. Total time was about 2 hours.
The ebay new radio is probably the better way to solve the problem honestly. Good idea LT1/TA!