Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Broken 2018 Pac Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 01:27 PM
Angry Broken 2018 Pac Hybrid

Hello all, I'm so frustrated with Chrysler and will try to make this short as possible. This is what I get for finally trying to support an American Car Co. We bought our 2018 Hybrid in Oct of 2017. Car was amazing when it worked properly. Had some off and on issues with charging but I always got it to work myself by resetting our charger at work. Went on vacation during the summer of 2018 and when we came back, the Vans charging port was dead but I got it to drive with it's gas engine after jumping the battery. Dropped it off at dealer and they got it to charge again but never made any sense on why it died in the first place. My wife drove the car for a week and the check engine light came on and then we had issues again with the Van not being able to charge the hybrid battery.

We brought the Van into the dealer on Oct 2, 2018 and it is still there! They changed out parts here and there. Was told the codes that came up don't make sense etc... Nothing they did is fixing the problem. They waited for a Chrysler Engineer to fly in to check it out since their mechanics were stumped and it was elevated as an extreme issue. They just changed out this week the major computer brain of the charging system and it still did not fix this issue. Being told that they forwarded this to the special engineer that is no longer there. My rep at the dealer says it may be the main hybrid battery that needs to be replaced but they will need to do more testing and get Chrysler's permission to change it out if need be. What a joke, in 2 days they will have had our Hybrid for 2 months straight and they still do not know whats wrong with it. I will not be surprised if they keep it for 2 more months.

I started my lemon buy back resolution with Chrysler on the 11/5/18 and I didn't hear from them so I called back on 11/9/18 and was informed that the Chrysler Rep that spoke with me on the 5th didn't follow thru so an official resolution for never started. On 11/12/18 a Chrysler rep called me to inform us that he was in charge of our case and gave me all the options that might happen and he would be keeping close contact with the dealer that has our van and he would be calling me each week to inform me on progress and updates. I have never heard from this resolution rep once and my service rep at the dealer says he has never heard from him.

My worst nightmare on giving an American Car Co a chance has come true. In 2 days the dealer will have had my Van for 2 months (8 friggen weeks!) and they still have zero clue as to what is wrong. How can I trust this car with my wife and 3 kids even if they find a fix. The manager of the dealer promised to call me back in 5 min to straighten things out but that was over a month ago and I never heard from him. My service rep at the dealer is a super nice guy but has never called me once to inform me on the progress of van. I don't call, I make sure I go in every week to get updates because of zero communication on their end. My official Chrysler resolution rep promised to call and keep me updated and walk me thru the process to make sure I felt my needs were being address, he has called me zero times.

I no longer want this Van for my family. Please help, any info will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Boogers.

Old 12-05-2018, 02:57 PM

Is this forum an Official Chrysler site owned and operated by the company? I am dumbfounded at how a large car company can take my $50,000 for a minivan and then turn it's back on me when it has issues. It has been at the dealership for over 9 weeks now, not a single sole from Chrysler can contact me with updates or any info about my van. Just got off phone with Chrysler care and am being told that only my resolution rep can handle my case. I have already left him 2 messages and he has not called me back for over 3 weeks and no one at the dealer will call me and I am still being told over and over that my car is still not working and they don't have a fix. This is now over 9 weeks and I physically have to go to the dealer for any crumbs of info which is zero. Just told by Chrysler care that I can only speak with my resolution rep and there are no supervisors that can be spoken with. I am at a dead end with Chrysler! DO YOU HEAR ME CHRYSLER? CAN 1 PERSON IN YOUR SMALL CO GIVE ME A CALL? HHHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO..............

Old 12-05-2018, 06:11 PM

To answer your initial question at the beginning of your 2nd post....NO it is an owner driven forum and not FCA run. Sorry you're having such trouble, but still kind of in the dark as to what the symptoms and fault your's is having. YUP, cars today are a VERY expensive investment for expected everyday travel convenience, and new should be expected to perform as such. So please try and be a little more forthcoming with actual info of what is happening with your vehicle and not use the forum for your "ranting". We already understand that you're upset.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:31 PM

There are lemon laws in most states. It's probably time to talk to a lawyer who specializes in that kind of case.