Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Broken Feature in first hour of ownership

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Default Broken Feature in first hour of ownership

So, I got myself a 2005 Pacifica Touring AWD yesterday. It's deep blue with a slate leather 6 passenger interior. It's loaded and I am still discovering stuff that it has. Is there a way to find out all the details of what this vehicle does have?

During my first hour of ownership after spending an hour+ at the registry of motor vehicles, I was playing with some of the features such as setting up my favorite radio stations and seat/peddle memory settings. This is where I began to get this sick feeling that I am in forone after another problems that will probably have mykeeping this vehicle only a short period.

When Iwas adjusting thelumbar support, I could feel the pressure being applied to my lower back and then all of a sudden a clicking noise as if the motor in the seat was turningbut there was no more lumbar support. It just makes noise and will not not adjust in either direction. [>:]

Ohwell I wanted to go check the fluids under the hood and the air pressure in the tires. On my way, I had togo over a couple of speed bumps and the front end seemsvery mushy and bounces a bit after coming off the bump. The rear seems fine,but I am worried that I may need front shocks/struts.

After stopping for fuel and filling it up at 3.16/gal., I felt like I was in for an expensive first week. This is not good.

What is the best way to address the shocks in the front?

What is going on with the lumbar support? Did a cable break or come off? Can I fix this easy enough? I am handy wirth tools and can be guided very well.

I want to change my oil and any other recommended fluids this coming week. Anyone else here using Amsoil Lubricants? Ido use them exclusivly on my motorcycles.

This vehicle seems to also have a very lowratio 1st gear. I do not feel any real power off the line unlessI get on it a bit. Is this normal?

Other than that I love the look and feel of this vehicle. I had it out in a northeast snow storm last night and this was the best vehicle I had ever driven in the snow.

Thanks in advance to all thethat provide feedback and help regarding my issueslisted above.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Default RE: Broken Feature in first hour of ownership

Not sure about the lumbar. I have never had to work on one of those yet. The manual really does not talk about it either. You might just have to do some investigating. Post your mileage as I suggested on your otherthread. You might still have basic warrenty. Amsoil would be fine for the engine,but ONLY used MOPAR ATF+4 for the transaxle. If you are planning on changing the trans filter and oil,you can get a change up pan gasket. The factory uses a silicone sealer. It can be a pain to use in the field. The gasket can be reused 3 times. If you plan to use the silicone[because it is cheaper] make sure it is for ATF sealing applications. Not all sealers are the same.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:56 PM

How does the back panel of the drivers seat come off? It is definitely coming from the lower left rear of the drivers backrest.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:17 PM

Hi_Def
I am using amsoil in my 04 since 05. I use the 25K mile oil , 5-30 and use their EA filters now since they last longer. Just changed it last night as a matter of fact. The pack oil is very easy to change.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:41 PM

So does anybody know how to access the lumbar support motor in the backrest of the drivers seat?

Does the plastic back panel come off and expose a way to get to it?