Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

A/C Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:23 AM
cwu
Default RE: A/C Problem

I got the odor away runing blower on high at full heat and lysol treatment. Now I have a refresh cabin!

Thank you again.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:20 PM

Does anybody know where the Nipple to Charge the air is located on 04 pac

Old 06-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Default Back to Pacifica ac issues !!!!!!!!

where is the Nipple to Charge the air is located on 04 pac -I have few of my own issues but I can definatly help you with this: look for your drier (aluminum round canister on pass. side firewall-see high pressure nipple, well way down below against firewall a bit to your right is low pressure nipple, but it's easiest to get to it if you take out your air filter assembly.
The first time I serviced it I burned & scraped my hands do to laziness, so don't make the same mistake.
P.s. anyone my problem invoves 04 Pacifica, just bought it and 4 months later the fan blower went out no cold ac in front but rear still worked,. Then rear stop blowing cold. Hit the fan assy in front came back on, tried charging system, will not take charge. Due to y stupidity I followed wrong advice & replaced ac compressor to find out that this was not it.
At this point I plan to replace evap temp sensor & try recharging again. I don't know what else to do, this thing is killing me. Please advise, its hot othere in Texas (101 today) thaks to all, Mark

Old 06-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

do u have a fan issue or a temp issue? they are not related to each other.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:56 AM

the fan is no longer a issue, both front & bck blow air fine. The issue is cold air. As I said before, installed new ac compressor, vacumed to 29 lbs for 20 min, attemped to charge but it is building up to 40 lbs of pressure quickly on low side & no cold ac. I don't think my fan clutch is kicking on but then again from what I read, it isn't supposed to kick on untill there is at least 20 lbs of pressure in the system. Is that correct ??
Or maybe there is electrical sensor keeping it from allowiing to accept a charge. DON'T KNOW ???
I guess my next step of trial & error is to replace the evap temp sensor ...... or maybe u can shed some light on this problem for me ...
many thanks Mark

Old 06-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

what U need is a set of gauges with high and low side reading see what the pressures are that Will let u know if u have a pressure issue or something inside.