Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

cam locking tool

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Default RE: cam locking tool

chryslertech,
i am not bickering, I just would like to know why I would need to do that step. All of the other steps in the procedure I have done when doing a timing belt. But have never had to do the loosen rocker arm step. Just would like to know why, because that is a lot of extra work. thanks again for everyones help. I feel better about doing this, even though still confused about that step.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

well as moe and I have posted this is what Chrysler says and like I said B4 do the job and it ends not not requireing the cams need to be loosened up then more power to ya.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:07 PM

alright, I am sticking with Jamie1, because he explained it like I would think. you are just giving me the post out of the manual. I already have that. Levistar, you are right, the 3.5l in the pacific isa SOHC engine, not a DOHC, so I did not know if it had a cam locking tool or not.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:13 PM

Hey someone who knows. Question: The camshaft sprockets used on the 06 Pacifica 3.5 used the milled key way (not to strong, snapped like a twig getting the long bolt out). The 01 LHS 3.5 used the D style, you are correct. I installed a 3.5 from the 06 Pacifica into my 01 LHS. Changed out the oil pan (modified weld fill, worked perfect) front timing cover camshaft sprockets removed to change the front cover, intake and blah blah blah. The only parts from the new engine used are block and heads and camshaft sprockets and cams of course. Wont start no spark, cam sensor and crank sensor sending ground pulse from PCM. I think it is timing. Fuel is good, disconnected to prevent hydro lock. Used and extra coil and plug with test lead to ground. nut-tin. There is no way the crank and cam sensors are kicking at the same time due to the sprocket configuration.The motors are pretty dam close. But the cam sprockets are completely different in terms of windows for triggering the sensors. TDC is located over the 3 hole and on the yr 01 3.5 . 06 3.5 clockwise 3-2-1 3-2-1 the 06 is over 2 kinda and goes 3-2-1-2-3-1. I think the firing order for the two year 3.5 are the same. I think Chrysler just wanted to cheese out reduce costs and produce a cheaper engine control harness. The 06 harness is half the size of the 06. I bought the engine off a company here in Detroit that designed the new cable. When they finished they dumped the engines. The engine is brand new. I missed one thing and it probably screwed me. Why doesn't anybody at Chrysler have a clue on how their vehicles are built. What a pain. Multiple trips to the dealer for no reason. anybody want to buy a LHS cheap. Oh I also read in the manual the PCM could lose it codes if it sits to long with the battery disconnected. you have to be kidding me I already had to change out the transmission computer with the exact same e one and to top it off they charged me 100 bucks to breath on it and program the pinion codes. Why the hell did i need the same one if they had to program it anyway. Does any body else feel a little screwed by this company. Still better than foreign but give me a break. dam car.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Unhappy crankshaft pulley's bolt removal...help

Hi, i own a 300 touring... how did you locked the crankshaft pulley to remove the bolt?
Is 3.5l a freewheel engine? did you needed specific tools for chrysler 3.5 engine while replacing timing belt?
thanks!

Old 02-17-2015, 06:07 PM

is it possible to over tighten the rocker arms or not in the correct sequence which can impact the compression strokes