Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Clicking in Front End

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Default Clicking in Front End

I have a 2005 Pacifica. It is clicking in the front end when I turn, backing up or going forward.It now has 95,000 miles on it, the clicking is louder than ever - what is it?

Old 08-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Default RE: Clicking in Front End

sounds like a cv joint.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Default Clicking noise

I'm going with cv joint as well. I've had just about every other front end part replaced on our Pacifica and I still have the clicking noise when backing up at slow speeds and turning the wheel to back out of our driveway.

The dealer I take it to has always said it is something else and has replaced sway bar links, lower control arms, motor mounts, torqued the axle nuts back to factory spec and installed rubber gaskets on the face of the axle shafts. None of this has fixed my issue. I've had all of these parts replaced under our extended warranty but it's still annoying that we've wasted this much time and the problem has never been resolved. The last time I was there they went back to thinking I might have another failed set of motor mounts. I've checked under the hood having someone else putting it in drive and going from D to Reverse and the motor doesn't move excessively. I also had solid rubber motor mounts installed instead of the hydraulic mounts just so I don't have to replace these out of warranty after 100,000 miles.

Someday I'll get back to the dealer and hopefully get them to replace both front axles under my extended warranty and see if that fixes the problem. I'll post the results if I ever get this done.

We bought our PAC at 19,000 miles used for 17k which is the only reason I still like this car. If I had paid 26,000 - 32,000 I would have gone through the process of hiring a lawyer and getting ours returned under the lemon laws. Mostly the lack of dealer training/knowledge of fixing our Jeep Wrangler and Chrysler Pacifica I'll probably steer clear of Chrysler vehicles from now on. I normally fix anything that goes wrong with our vehicles if they're out of warranty but I kind of wanted a car that someone else would fix even if I had to pay. Just not the case with Chrysler.