Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking Transmission, Front End clicking noise and Wobble

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Default Leaking Transmission, Front End clicking noise and Wobble

First off, I'm new at this mechanic thing, but I know my way around my Town and Country. Here's what's up!

BTW: 3.8 v6, Front wheel

1. My transmission is leaking from the seal where the drive axle snaps into the transaxle. I've changed it twice since changing the original drive axle, along with the spindle and rotor(which is in my second question) and it is still leaking. I know I didn't drag the splines along the seal, but there may be a gouge in the seal.

2. There was a violent front end wobble, which was caused by a bent drive axle. I changed it and the spindle and rotor, which greatly reduced the wobble, but it is still there. I'm not sure if the tie-rods are bad, if the ball joints are going out, or if there is something wrong with my steering linkage.

3. There is an audible "click" noise, my car is idling in park, when I move the steering wheel to the left and right. Also, when I am turning left, it will sometimes make a loud click which I can also feel. But it's not a constant clicking noise, like a bad CV joint. And also when I'm at an intersection and begin to accelerate, it will make a clicking noise.

I have changed both front cv axles twice, changed both spindles and rotors but it still clicks and the trans leaks!

Can someone help me diagnose the problem?

Old 04-27-2010, 02:35 PM

Have you checked for tire balance and bent rims? How did the axle (s) get bent in the first place? Are you buying new axles or remans? Dealer seals or others? Maybe you are not getting the axles all the way back in?

The only clicking I have heard is from bad CV joints.