Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clicking/Popping in Front End

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Default Clicking/Popping in Front End

Hi Everyone. I have a 2004 Town and County with 60,000 on it. About a month ago i started to notice some clicking in the front end as I was turning. Really wasn't too bad, so I figured I'd just wait till the next time I have it in for an oil change to have my mechanic look at it. Really seemed to only be when turning left at slower speeds.

Within the last day or so, it has suddenly become quite louder. Again, mostly when going slower speeds and turning left. But, now I also noticed that as I go over bumps it pops/clicks/rattles as well. Again, pretty loud compared to the previous volume. Also as I step into the van and put my 200 pounds in the front seat, I hear it give one "pop".

Any ideas what this could be? I'm scheduled for a meeting tomorrow with my work and need to drive about 100 miles roundtrip. Think I'm safe for another day? I have scheduled my mechanic to look at it Friday.

Thanks everyone!

Old 03-24-2010, 01:01 PM

Same here. It's probably those arm bushings. Mine is really annoying on an '05. They'll crack and pop when you are going slow and braking, etc because the bushings on this van are a problem.

I found out a month ago over at Pep boys that I can only easily get the one bushing but not the other. Also, the job looks like a pain. The bushings I'm talking about the the ones on the bottom bars that connect the wheels to the truck. They move up/down with the suspension.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:02 PM

You can try spraying a bunch of wd40 in there and it might make them quiet for a bit. However, they'll get noisy again.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:31 AM

Sounds like a CV joint to me. Better get it fixed before your axle falls off.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:22 PM

CV joint?! Well, maybe since he is turning and hearing it. I've gotten mine up on a lift and heard exactly where the noise is coming from. Does anyone know where to get the bushings? Chrysler says they are no longer available.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:44 AM

You can get the bushes off EBAY

Old 04-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Default Davids

hello everyone,

Last week I bought my brand new "Chrysler 300C" luxurious.

Its general specs and reviews are here:

Basically a previous-generation Merc E-Class underneath, the Chrysler 300C is nevertheless a genuinely interesting car. It looks great and is superbly well priced. One to try before you buy a nondescript German.
· Comfort

The ride can be a little bit grabby for some, but the 300C makes great sense on a motorway and for general schlepping about. It's big too, so there's loads of space, but the high waistline and short windows can make kids sick.

· Performance

Three engines to choose from; two V6s (a 249bhp 3.5-litre petrol or a 218bhp 3.0CRD diesel)or the big daddy - a 425bhp 6.1-litre V8 in the SRT-8. The diesel V6 is the one to go for as it's quicker than the V6 petrol; 0-62mph in 7.6 seconds versus 9.2 and 143mph versus 136mph. It's the torque. If you can stretch to the SRT-8, you can burn to 62mph in 5.0seconds and hit 170mph.

· Cool

Very. Works on many levels and interest hasn't waned yet.

· Quality

The interior may be a bit Chrysler budget, with lower-rent plastics than we're used to, but nothing falls off. We just wish they'd lay off the silver spray paint - it looks crap.

· Handling

Ok, so it's not the most sorted handling car; it floats over crests and can be really fidgety in town. Chrysler has reverse-engineered the Merc set-up to be considerably worse. Hefty SRT-8 is mega tail-happy fun, but it's more a drag racer than a sports car.

· Practicality

Don't forget the Touring if you're after space. The saloon is usually enough though - the boot doesn't choke on the luggage of five adults. The pay-off for the interior floor plan is that this is a huge car to park - a multi-storey nightmare.

· Running costs

The SRT-8 is a beast to run; group 20 and teens mpg as well as a £40k price tag. The diesel is cleaner and uses less fuel than either petrol car - it'll hit nearly 35mpg when the 3.5 V6 gets just 25.7mpg - and gets hit for less tax.