Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Default RE: Climate Control

BUMP!
Anyone else exp these 'symptoms'?
Anyone ahve any luck fixing this?

Old 09-24-2008, 02:26 PM

I have an '04 Pac. This is my greatest headache with the car now (after sinking several $1k to fix other stuff). For the life of me I can't get this solved. If anyone knows the problem PLEASE tell us. What has not worked:

1) Taking it to the dealer - situation is normal and no problem found (load of crap)
2) Take it another mechanic, maybe the computer is giving the ventilation system bad signals - nope, that all checks out
3) Maybe there is a problem with the "cam", used to direct the ventilation doors - nope, seems to be working correctly
4) Take to a third mechanic, I had the whole dash tore out of the car ($1200 to replace the A/C coil which leaked freon - another topic) - while in there they looked at the alignment of the venilation doors, all seems to be good mechanically but acknowledged the problem existed.
5) Replaced the climate control module in the dash (the section with the display and controls) - $560 later (part only) no change, maybe even worse. This is supposedly also contains the computer for the climate control.

6) What's left????

The thrid mechanic said maybe there is some new firmware to calibrate the ventilation system, he would check the TSB's and let me know. Still waiting.... Driving me nuts, has cost WAY too much... still no success.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:33 PM

Seems no one has had any success in getting this resolved??
Now that we have started 'heating season' again - i am reminded how terrible this problem really is.... and how terrbile the dealers are for not addressing this issue.
If anyone has ANY ideas - i am willing to put forward a CASH REWARD before my face literally melts away!