Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Corroded wires causing electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Default Corroded wires causing electrical issues

When I bought my 06 Pacifica two years ago, I noticed that the lights and dash would start flickering at random times. I followed the advice found in this post and it worked like a charm.

Over the last week or so I have had real issues starting my Pacifica, it seems like a dead battery, the dashboard lights are either dim or out, and it will not start. If I press the brake or gas pedal, or some combination of them (not really sure which is the one that works yet), the lights will come on and the car will start. It will run fine for the rest of the day, but then in the morning, it will struggle again. I can also smell burning plastic some days, others not so much. I have cleaned all of the battery terminals (they were very corroded), and my battery is less than a year old.

I would like to replace the wires that feed to the battery, and anything else that may be corroded, but am nervous about starting a project like that without a real plan or wiring diagram.

Where can I find replacement battery cables and wiring harness, and is there a guide to tackling this project?

Old 03-04-2013, 05:29 PM

Search the Pacifica forum here for flickering lights and you'll find a great deal of information.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:12 PM

Thank you for your reply. As I stated in my post, I have already dealt with the flickering light issue. I'm more interested in feedback about how to replace the corroded wiring that I think is causing the starting issues I am experiencing now.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:22 AM

dcotter0579, I hope my response was not mis-interpreted. Reading it back I can see how it sounded snotty, and it was not intended that way.

I was unable to get it to start at all this morning, and I am starting to think it has more trouble as the temperature outside drops. Hopefully it will start up later in the day when it gets warmer outside.