Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Disable Power Lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Default Disable Power Lift

I have to disable the power lift on the trunk so I can safely use the carrier for my handicap scooter.
If I remove the fuse I can't open it manualy.
Also the fuse info says it is also for the "Headlight Washer", I called the dealer service department and they said they
did not have the slightest Idea what that meant, they transferred me to the Parts Dept. and they said some of
the models had headlight washers but he did not sound too sure about it.

2007 Pac AWD Touring

Old 05-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Disable Power Lift

fuse 11 40 amp is that the one U are talking about?

Old 05-05-2008, 06:23 PM

CHRYSLER TECH: Yes, that is the fuse, when you remove it the gate will no longer operate BUT you cannot open it manually either.
I had thought about putting a rubber bumper on the deck lid so if it did open it would hit the rack and reverse but it is my wifes car and she is not too thrilled at that Idea. The rack is too heavy to remove and install each time as I am 80 years old and handicapped.
Hmmmm... maybe I could put a bumper on the rack., If the rack was down with the scooter on it I think the deck lid may clear it.
Several times I have reached in my pocket for the keys and the deck would open, the buttons on the remote should have a ridge around them to prevent that.
Have you heard of the "Headlight Washer"?
Thanks for the reply.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:50 PM

Pacs sold in N.A. do not have the headlight washers. Pacs sold in Europe would have the headlight washers. I do find it odd that you can "accidentally" hit the power lift gate button. This button must be pressed twice fairly quickly to work. Also when ever the gate encounters an object it will reverse. The onlt thing I would suggest is that you have the power lift gate motor disconnected.