Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Flickering lights on our Pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Default RE: Flickering lights on our Pacifica

Thanks, just did same thing to my pacifica and havent had any flickering or gremlins since.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:49 PM

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! ...for the clear description and the great pictures! I wish every post was a easy to understand as yours! I'm about to try your solution on my 2000 GMC JIMMY SLE 4x4 that is exhibiting the same symptoms... even if it doesn't end up working for me, this is a common enough issue that I know many others will benefit from your solution! Many thanks for your kindness!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 01:21 PM

Ranzy..you are my hero! I am in the same situation as your wife...exactly! Just bought it...been in the shop...no one can figure it out. Have a young daughter and had to worry about the damn thing dying on the freeway! So upsetting. My husband is a great mechanic so he can easily follow these directions. Thanks so much for taking the time to figure it out (you are a nicer husband than mine ..tell your wife I said so!
Thanks again!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:17 PM

Hi I am new to this forum I am a service manager at a meduim size full line Chrysler dealer and I have worked on a 2006 CS (Pacifica) for going on a Month with NO and I mean NO results. I have sspoke whith the guys at our STAR center 3 to 4 times and still NOTHING! They gave ideas, but no different. This afternoon I spoke with my tech advisor and ran it by him, he also gave me the positve battery cabe idea, as of this post i have not tried it yet. I will tommorow!! This is a customers car and I have tried cleaning the battery cables, making all the engine and body grounds pristine clean, replaced the PDC (fues box) tried a different battery and alternator and I am SICK of messing with this thing but I am too stubborn to let it beat me- I WILL FIND IT!!! I will try this cable thing in the AM and if it fixes it i will post the results. what you say in the original post makes all kins of sense thanks for the input!!! Keith

Old 05-31-2009, 09:12 AM

Hi Ranzy. I am having the same problem with my '05 Pacifica, but I am unable to see the pics you posted. Is there another place where can I see them? Thanks

Old 06-24-2009, 02:00 PM

Ranzy - is your vehicle still working with no problems? My 2005 pacifica has been having problems with the CD/DVD disc changer flickering off and on, time display light problems, then high beams (brights only) wouldn't work, and now I have no high or low beam headlights at all. Took it in to a local mechanic and he said its the headlight switch and has to order the part. I wonder if this could be my problem also.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:15 PM

I don't think he has been back on the forums. I'll have to see if I saved his pictures when he posted them a while back. In a nutshell, he runs another positive cable from the battery to the fuse box. There is a lug under the box somwhere to attach another power cable.

Fixit

Old 07-20-2009, 03:46 PM

This thread is worth a bump. I just got linking to it as well and I will find out if this is my fix. I'll report back tomorrow night about it.

Hey Mods, is there anyway one of you can make this a sticky?

Old 07-21-2009, 09:41 PM

OK I just did this tonight, it was a whopping $14 and that includes a can of spray for the battery posts to help with acid buildup. It is an easy job a short test drive resulted in no waring bings but let's give it a week and see how it goes. I'll report back.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:18 PM

Keep us posted

Quick Reply: Flickering lights on our Pacifica