Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Flickering lights on our Pacifica

Old 08-09-2009, 12:55 PM

OK it's been a few weeks since I did this fix and I'm calling it done. The car was doing in on a daily basis and it hasn't done it since I did this. Great repair for great value.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:38 PM

Glad to hear it worked for you.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:42 PM

Thanks for this information.

I have a 2006 that started doing the exact same thing. I knew it had to be a power problem but had an extended warranty and didn't want to mess with it. Turns out that the wiring harness was not covered. They told me it would be 2275 to replace it. Which I figured was a load and I'd just cut it apart and repair it myself. Your repair is excellent.

One other thing to consider (I need to look at the wiring when I get the car back). Mine has a broken motor mount and driveshaft. Seems as though the Motor mount issue is common. I'm wondering now if they are related since the wiring being pulled could be causing that wire failure.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Thumbs up Flickering lights fixed!

Our 2006 Pacifica had the same flickering light problem. Also the radio would pop and go on and off as would the ABS and brake lights and chimes. Everything electrical in the car. We knew it was a short somewhere but where to look. Took your post about lose connections and replacing wires into the dealership and they tried it but nothing seemed to work. One day someone yelled at my wife while she was driving that she had no brake lights. When I went to change the bulbs I found the driver side tail light was cracked in a way that had allowed water to build up in the light housing. It was full of water and had been for some time. Removed it and got a new housing, replaced the bulbs, end of problem. The dealership had been stumped by this as was another mechanic I took it to. Too much reliance on the computer to diagnose the problem instead of good old fashioned human eyes. It's been three months and runs great with no more flickering.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:43 PM

I ran this fix by the service manager at our Chyrsler dealer. He wants to know if it works when I do it. Of course the big thing we got from him is that they where required to follow Chrysler's solutions to repair the issues (ie gotta replace the wiring harness), although given how easy this is, I'm inclined to think that this could be incorporated into a quick repair by Chrysler for the dealers.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:20 PM

I'm happy to hear flickering problems were solved.Lucky to say,my car is working good,no flickering and other problems.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:17 PM

Dear Ranzy,

Thank you so much for your great help.
I had exactly same problem. At first I changed the battery and a day later, it was useless. And then I detached pre-installed voltage stabilizer, but no use either.
Yesterday, I was thinking of chaning the alternator, which cost more than $500 here in Seoul. Then I read your writing and photos, printed and went to the nearby shop. Your explanation and photos were perfect. Me and mechanic were very thankful to you even though we don't know you. So it took 20 minutes. It works. Thanks again.

Hank

Old 09-16-2009, 10:12 PM

Hank.. what photos?? I have not seen any photos in this thread for quite some time.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

water will travel down inside the +battery cable wire there at the battery end and make green monkey hehe where the cable loops back up. It will then brake down inside the copper and then u loose amps that power things up.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Default Ranzy's Photos

Attahed are photos taken by Ranzy.
The original post doesn't show photos currently.

My Pacifiaca is now perfect thanks to Ranzy's help.

Attached Thumbnails  Flickering lights on our Pacifica-1.jpg    Flickering lights on our Pacifica-4.jpg    Flickering lights on our Pacifica-5.jpg  

Last edited by hankahn; 09-17-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flickering lights on our Pacifica