Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

How do I replace the rear roof antenna mast on a 2007?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Default How do I replace the rear roof antenna mast on a 2007?

The jerk at Lowe's helped us load a screen door onto the roof and in the process the rubber on the rear roof antenna cracked. We have a new antenna, but can't get the old one off. It turns but never unscrews. What's the secret? I've Googled that question every way I know how and have gotten nowhere, so I hope someone here can help.

Thanks.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:44 PM

My experience has been that once you disassemble the the antenna mast/"black piece" from the roof by reaching up in the headliner, the mast does not physically come apart from the plastic housing on a 2007 Pacifica.

Anyone else know this subject?

Old 08-15-2014, 12:44 PM

Radio Antenna Removal

1.Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable. 2.Remove C-Pillar to access antenna module. 3.Disconnect antenna coax cable lead and electrical harness connector from antenna module. 4.Disconnect the antenna module connector from the quarter glass. 5.Remove the mounting screw and the antenna module.

Satellite Removal REMOVAL

1.Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable. 2.Remove the headliner. 3.Disconnect the antenna cables from the antenna. 4.Remove the retaining fastener. 5.From inside the vehicle, and using a flat bladed tool, depress one of the retaining tabs on the antenna. Push up the one side of the antenna connector through the roof panel. Depress the other side of the connector and remove the antenna.

QUARTER GLASS INTEGRAL ANTENNA

The antenna grid pattern is divided into two separate patterns. Each terminal connects to a separate grid pattern, one for AM and the other for FM.
For circuit descriptions and diagrams, refer to the appropriate wiring information. The wiring information includes wiring diagrams, proper wire and connector repair procedures, details of wire harness routing and retention, connector pin-out information and location views for the various wire harness connectors, splices and grounds. To detect breaks in the integral antenna elements, the following procedure is required:
1.Disconnect the antenna module connector from the antenna terminals on the glass. 2.Using an ohmmeter, place a lead on one of the terminals and check each end of the grid pattern connected to this terminal for continuity. If continuity is not present, move one lead through the grid in progression starting at the terminal with the other lead on the terminal until continuity is lost. Repeat procedure for the other terminal. A break in the antenna grid can be repaired using a Mopar Rear Window Defogger Repair Kit or equivalent.

Navigation Antenna Removal

1.Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable. 2.Remove the instrument panel top cover 3.Remove the mounting fasteners.

4.Disconnect the antenna connector located near the front passenger side door. 5.Cut both ends of the cable, leaving the remaining cable in the harness.

Last edited by ChryslerCares; 08-15-2014 at 12:49 PM.