Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Installing Pacifica Trailer Wiring Harness - Factory Mopar

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Default Installing Pacifica Trailer Wiring Harness - Factory Mopar

This is my first post here, so please be kind if this has been covered before, but I could not find what I was looking for when I searched the forum...

Anyway, I was asked by my dad to install a class II hitch and 7-pole wiring harness to his 2007 Pac. I got the hitch installed without too much trouble, but the wiring harness has me stumped.

I ordered the factory harness [82207644AC]. I was able to make all the connections except there is supposed to be a connector hidden down inside a hole behind the drivers side tail-light. (I believe this is the connection that provides 12V accessory power to the trailer.) I for the life of me cannot pull out said wire and connector. I can see and touch what MAY be the correct wire that is connected the rest of the tail-light harness, but I cannot extract it. It is either snagged, or taped or is not the correct wire.

I've started taking apart the interior panels to try and get at wire from inside, but I wasn't able to get into the compartment that way.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Old 06-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

fallow the instructions they provide u with if its mopar

Old 06-22-2010, 09:24 AM

Thanks for the quick response. I do indeed have the Mopar unit and the included instructions. Unfortunately the connector that is supposed to be extracted from the hole in the sheet metal behind the driver's side tail light is either not where is it supposed to be, or is snagged on something. I'm looking for someone who has experience with this issue.

Below is a link to the instructions. My problem is on Sheet 2, Panel 5 where the smaller connector is extracted from the hole in the sheet metal. I cannot locate the connector.

If anyone has specific knowledge of how to extract the connector I would be thrilled with some assistance. Maybe there is a way to access the backside of the panel so I can see what the connector is hung up on.

Link to PDF instructions:
http://moparestore.trademotion.com/m...s/K6858969.pdf

Thanks again,
Matt

Old 06-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

what year pac do u have?

Old 06-23-2010, 07:23 AM

It is a 2007, FWD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Old 06-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

reach under the bumper and see if U can find it there the power supply should come from the tail light hookup