Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Default RE: Lights

jamie1: Thanks, would really appreciate that

Old 10-19-2007, 01:19 PM
moe

hey fang i found this on the chrysler web site. not sure about turning lighting feature on or off with star scan tool (like drb)i think" jamie" was going to check into it.let me know how you make out !sorry its so long.moe
LAMP SYSTEMS
Lighting circuits are protected by fuses. Lighting circuits require an overload protected power and high side drivers source, ON/OFF device, lamps and body grounds to operate properly. Plastic lamps require a wire in the harness to supply body ground to the lamp socket. Replace sockets and bulbs that are corroded.
Some of the interior and exterior lighting functions are governed by the Body Control Module (BCM). The headlamp, dome, and the door ajar switches provide signals to the BCM. The BCM in turn sends a Programmable Communication Interface (PCI) bus message to the Integrated Power Module (IPM) to enable the necessary drivers to set the required illumination configuration.
Wire connectors can make intermittent contact or become corroded. Before coupling wire connectors, inspect the terminals inside the connector. Male terminals should not be bent or disengaged from the insulator. Female terminals should not be sprung open or disengaged from the insulator. Bent and sprung terminals can be repaired using needle nose pliers and pick tool. Corroded terminals appear chalky or green. Corroded terminals should be replaced to avoid recurrence of the problem symptoms.
This model may be equipped with Auto Headlamps, Headlamps On With Windshield Wipers customer programmable feature, Daytime Running Lamps (DRL - Canada Only), and High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps.
HEADLAMP SYSTEM
The configuration of the headlamp system of headlamps, park lamps and fog lamps is determined by the BCM. The BCM determines the lighting configuration as a result of the inputs from the ignition switch, headlamp switch and multi-function switch. A PCI bus is transmitted from the BCM to the IPM to enable the necessary drivers to set the illumination configuration. Eight wires are connected between the headlamp switch and the BCM. The first wire contains information regarding the position of the headlamp switch (Off, Automatic Headlamps, Automatic Headlamp switch fog, Park with Fog, Head, or Head with Fog Lamps). The second wire contains information regarding the position of the dimmer switch (Dome Lamp, Daytime Brightness, Dimming Level or Off). The third wire is a dedicated signal return (ground) wire. The fourth wire provides power to the front fog lamp indicator. The fifth wire contains information regarding the Optical Horn. The sixth wire contains information regarding the High Beam Signal. The seventh wire contains information regarding the Right Turn Input. The eighth wire contains information regarding the Left Turn Input.
HEADLAMP TIME DELAY SYSTEM
The headlamp time delay system is controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM) via a PCI bus message transmitted by the BCM to the IPM to turn off the headlamps.
AUTOMATIC HEADLAMP SYSTEM
The Automatic Headlamp system turns the instrumentation and exterior illumination lamps ON when the ambient light levels are Night and the engine RPM is 450 or above, and OFF when light levels are Day.
DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS
Operating the high-beam headlamps at reduced power provides daytime running lamps, which are required on all new Canadian vehicles.
HEADLAMPS ON WITH WINDSHIELD WIPERS
For vehicles equipped with the Automatic Headlamp System, the instrumentation and exterior illumination lamps will be turned ON when the headlamp switch is in the AUTO position, RPM greater than 450 and the windshield wipers have been in the intermittent, low or high mode of operation for more than ten seconds. When the windshield wipers are turned OFF the Body Control Module will determine if the instrumentation and exterior illumination lamps should remain ON base upon the current ambient light level.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:22 PM

Thanks for the info moe. A lot there to digest. I am hoping that jamie1 has time to be SURE that the computer can turn on the DTRL's
on a 2007 Pacifica Touring, that would be the easy way otherwise I will try to get the dealer to install the module by webelectronics that uses the turn signals for DTRL's. I don't want to fool with the wiring myself for fear of warranty problems later.
There is a lot of pro and con about the DTRL's, but my wife and I both WANT them.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:50 PM

I am the salesperson that sold you the Pacifica, I checked with Chrysler on this matter. He told me that he would be in the are in the third week of Nov. He indicated to me that he would have a solution. He is the Technical guy at chrysler and would have somebody in software look at this issue.

Thanks

I will call you when he arrives again

Old 10-25-2007, 07:09 PM

Thanks Simon, I was very happy to hear that. I felt sure that you would pursue this matter
as the entire sales procedure was handled in a very professional manner.
Bud

Old 10-26-2007, 01:05 PM
moe

wow fang you don't get that kind of service every where,great salesman i want to work there!!!moe