Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Long Trip

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Default Long Trip

We have just finished a 4,300 miles trip from South Dakota to the Texas gulf and I thought some of you may be interested in how our 2007 fwd touring Pac performed. This has the 4.0L and 6 speed. We saw as much as 27MPG highway driving in the warmer climates using regular gas. The Pac proved to be a comfortable long distance runner and a great handling vehicle in some of the heavy traffic we encountered. We plan to take it to Alaska this summer. I do wonder if some of you experience the odd low speed shifting of the 6 speed. This only occurs occassionally but sometimes shutters or jerks at low speed.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Default RE: Long Trip

We have the AWD touring and we have some who do not believe the mpg we get as well. We traded our Jeep Compass AWD in on the PAC. The Compass was lucky to get 22 mpg! Cheap was the Compass.
The jurking, shuddering is the Torque Converter, and there is a recall on this as well as a TSB. However, some (including myself) have had the R&R dome with just a slight difference. My non techinacal opinion is that the shift points are off. In our PAC the "lugging" as I call it takes place at 1200 rpm to 200 rpm no matter what gear it's in as long as ther is a slight incline, which causes a little more strain that would be normal on a flat surface road. I do know that Chrysler LLC is making some new downloads for the PCM, at least that was what I was told. Not all PAC's have this issue. I would tell your service manager and try the TC R&R< it just might do the trick. My service manager wants us to have the TC R&R redone as he thinks the TC may be at fault. I am in no hurry as we have the Lifetime Powertrain, and Lifetime Service contract as well. Hope this helps.

farout

Old 03-10-2008, 07:46 PM

Thanks Farout. Ya, in fact I found 3 TSC's and plan to lay them on the dealership. We need to get this thing in great shape by June as the trip to Alaska will be about 6,000 miles round trip through some rugged country.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:40 PM

There is a new TSB for the trans shudder which came out Marck 6, or * I am not shure which. Our PAC goes in for an oil cahnge on the 31st and they will do the TSB then. I was told this was soon to come out in Jan. so we shall see how it does. The shudder is something I can tollerate, but it would be good to clear it up.

The TSB is 21-010-08 as I recall, so ask your dealer and who ever gets it first will let the rest know how it does.

farout

Old 03-15-2008, 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: farout

There is a new TSB for the trans shudder which came out Marck 6, or * I am not shure which. Our PAC goes in for an oil cahnge on the 31st and they will do the TSB then. I was told this was soon to come out in Jan. so we shall see how it does. The shudder is something I can tollerate, but it would be good to clear it up.

The TSB is 21-010-08 as I recall, so ask your dealer and who ever gets it first will let the rest know how it does.

farout
farout,

Do you know what the new TSB does?

Old 03-16-2008, 11:38 AM

It involves the replacement of the torque convertor and doing a flush update of the PCM. 07 models only.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: jamie1

It involves the replacement of the torque convertor and doing a flush update of the PCM. 07 models only.
Thanks, mine's an '07. No shudder YET, but I'm holding my breath