Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First long trip -- thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Default First long trip -- thoughts

Hello all,

Last month, after owning a '98 Caravan for many years, we purchased an '04 Town & Country Limited with 70K miles. My initial impressions were all favorable, but in reality, this is my wife's vehicle, and I don't get to drive it very much. The past two days, however, we packed in the whole family and headed north for Thanksgiving dinner, and I got some exteded time behind the wheel.

I have not been more happy with any vehicle I have owned (other than the motorcycle). We have 4 kids and they all seemed quite content with their accomodations. The DVD player kept them occupied and there was plenty of space to store their junk. The most noticeable feature for me was how quiet the ride was. Much less wind/road noise than my other vans. The van drove staight and true, had plenty of power to pass when necessary, offered a very comfortable sitting position, kept the cabin comfortable (temp-wise) for everyone, and operated flawlessly. The Nav System and the onboard computer kept things interesting for me thoughtout the trip as well. We averaged 21.6 mpg over 442 miles.

I have no technical question to pose. I'm just glad we bought the van and wanted to express it.

~Chris