Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

My Pacifica Eats Car Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Default My Pacifica Eats Car Batteries

Has anyone else observed this?

Our '04 Pacifica will go through new car batteries at the rate of about 1/yr.

I cheked for large current draws and didn't find anything serious.

I also got the alternator tested at a car parts store and it passed with flying colors.

Anybody else have the same symptoms or cure?

Thanks,
Tim

Old 07-17-2011, 09:15 AM

Yes. My 04 will drain a battery in 10-15 minutes if I leave the liftgate up with the radio on. I go to crank it up and its all clicks...gotta jump it off. I haven't done any troubleshooting myself, but that was the route that I was going...searching for some random current draw. I've just been ovbservant enough not to leave accessories on for too long with the gate up. Hopefully we can find a tip or two here.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:46 PM

I upgraded my grounds and alternator + and ground wires to a larger AWG wire... and I still have my original OEM batter in my 05.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by mustard_madman
I upgraded my grounds and alternator + and ground wires to a larger AWG wire... and I still have my original OEM batter in my 05.
A novel idea madman, I've had to do that on other cars in the past, but for other reasons. What prompted you to automatically upgrade? What size altenator?

Old 08-11-2011, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by shaka38
A novel idea madman, I've had to do that on other cars in the past, but for other reasons. What prompted you to automatically upgrade? What size altenator?
I didnt upgrade the alternator itself, just the wiring, the oem wiring is too small. And the Pacifica is a very electronically needy car..

Old 08-12-2011, 01:38 PM

Ok, got it. That is the tip of the day for me.
Thanks mustardmadman.

Old 09-25-2021, 12:55 PM
Default 04 Pacifica eating up batteries

I have an 04 Pacifica and it has been doing the same thing with batteries I literally take both of the post off the cables off the post and I will not I won't put them back on for I don't know couple hours maybe and it's still draining it and I was also told that there's a parasitic draw from somewhere but I haven't been able to find it the only way I've been known to keep any charge on the battery at all is just simply take the post off of the battery and then put them back on before I go to start it definitely need some input on that when I've gone through five batteries and the car still won't start I'm out of ideas and I've pretty much rebuilt the whole top of the engine and it still doesn't start so definitely would love some input on this