Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica P0700, P0720 - tricky issue resolved

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 04:46 PM
HS3
Thumbs up Alternator

Replaced the alternator (200 bucks at Autozone), and replaced the battery as well. All issues were cleared. Thank you all for your help.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:59 AM
Default Help

Alternator and battery replaced. Still having issues, no reverse, takes of strong in first fear, when shifts to 2 nd engine just revs. Can turn key off then back on and take off in first again. Can keep in first with autostick and drive 10 moh all day long, but when it shifts into 2nd, just engine rev.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:33 PM
Default Question for you about the alternator?

Originally Posted by rocketiii
Travis,
I would like to give you a big thank you for this post. By far the best one out there regarding this issue. My car just turned the 100,000 mile mark and prior to that i always wondered if i was going to have the dreaded tranny issues you always hear about. Well last week i noticed my batter light came on. no biggie, seen it happen once before. It went out, and when i got home i check the battery voltage and it was low, like 13v to 13.2, but the light was out. I continued to drive it, well a couple days later the car started shifting weird and when coming out of park the speedo needle would go up to 15 or 20 mph. So, i put the scanner on and of course it gave the 0700 and 0720 code. Bought a new output shaft speed sensor, replaced, was good for a couple miles, then again the problem reappeared. Talked to a tranny guy by the house and we talked about metal on the sensor. There was none on the old one. So, i pulled out the new one to make sure, none on it either. I looked in the hole with a mirror and light, all looked good. So, once i checked all the ground connections and reading your post about the alternator, i went ahead and pulled the alternator from the car and had it tested at Autozone. And low and behold it failed the both the rectifier and stator portions. Replaced with a new one $225.00 with core, and the car now operates perfectly.

I was having similar problems I bought a new battery cuz my alternator tested that it was good after I got the new battery same exact problems I had to Code Red I have 0700 0732 and 0733 0304... my question is should I replace the alternator even though it tested fine or is that not the issue in this case?

Old 02-11-2019, 08:11 AM
Default Same issues.. Replaced idle control valve.. Next is alternator

My 05 pacifica has been surging and idling rough. Changed idle control valve, didnt help. Unplugged alternator,problems went away. Ordering new alt,will let ya kno if problem.goes away.. Thanks for.the post..

Old 02-12-2019, 07:34 PM

Hope some of you have read back old posts about the problem with grounding on these cars. Down under the battery is a stud with several wires under a nut that get very corroded causing many other component electrical problems. In some cases the wire terminal ends were eaten away and wires broken. Please check and clean this before you spend money. Don't just look at it but tug on the wire terminals for tightness on the wires. Thanks. *B2*

Old 04-06-2019, 12:04 PM

The following day I got back in the car and started it to see if anything had changed. Once the gauges and lights settled down the engine light stayed lit. Also the battery light came up which raised my suspicion that this might be an electrical issue. I drove the car around a short while, stopping and starting it to see if the symptoms would change. Sure enough the battery light went off.i will services best mobile auto repair Dallas in USA.i have very pleasure for us and i recommend this service
Thanks

Old 02-14-2022, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by HS3
I have a 2006 Pacifica 3.5 L with 196,000 miles. It has the same issues as the initial post. Revs up on its own while in park with A/C on, shift to drive with brake pedal depressed and it makes a loud clunk and mph needle moves up to 20mph without moving. I initially took it to the local auto part store for scanning, turns out it indicated the ambient air sensor. Guy there had no idea where it was when I asked. Had to Google that. Cost 30.00 dollars and still is doing the same. After doing extensive internet research, I found that most mechanics and DIYs refer to the alternator. I removed it and had it checked at Autozone. They insist it is functioning well. The alternator itself has a rust color around the clutch area and it makes a humming noise as well. I feel like replacing it but new is around 300 retail. My next move would be to take it to an electrical mechanic for their input. Any comments/recommendations are welcomed. Thank you in advance and no thanks to Autozone....

i own a chrysler pacifica i buy my parts off rockauto.com they dont always have warranty but they are sold for better prices and are usually new also im having same issue with my pacifica i found alternstor there for about 111.00 and ive never had any problems with there parts been my #1