Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Radio won't shut off

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Exclamation Radio won't shut off

Well, 1st time ever this happen. Used my remote starter. I open my driver door after its done warming up(hence the car shut off) but the radio still played. Drove back home, turn it off, open the door and the radio is still going. Tried it again, it turned off for 1 second and started playing again(all this with my key nowhere near the ignition). Tried unplugging the battery. Doesn't work, has soon as its reconnected, the radio starts playing(keys in my pocket). I read about fuse#3 IOD. Took that out, wait 30 seconds, put back in and its still resumes playing(keys in my pocket). My only solution has been to reverse the IOD fuse. Now 2 questions come to mind:

#1, will it harm anything to drive it with the fuse reversed??

#2, if by reversing the fuse(then everything shut offs), would that mean that the fuse itself is faulty???

I'm good mechanically but when it comes to electrical, i'm stumped!!!

Old 02-03-2020, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by cirrus98
Well, 1st time ever this happen. Used my remote starter. I open my driver door after its done warming up(hence the car shut off) but the radio still played. Drove back home, turn it off, open the door and the radio is still going. Tried it again, it turned off for 1 second and started playing again(all this with my key nowhere near the ignition). Tried unplugging the battery. Doesn't work, has soon as its reconnected, the radio starts playing(keys in my pocket). I read about fuse#3 IOD. Took that out, wait 30 seconds, put back in and its still resumes playing(keys in my pocket). My only solution has been to reverse the IOD fuse. Now 2 questions come to mind:

#1, will it harm anything to drive it with the fuse reversed??

#2, if by reversing the fuse(then everything shut offs), would that mean that the fuse itself is faulty???

I'm good mechanically but when it comes to electrical, i'm stumped!!!

Did you ever find a solution to the radio? I'm currently dealing with the same issue

Old 02-05-2020, 10:18 AM

Ends up when I went to the dealership, it stopped doing it. I guess a switch in the door was stuck(or frozen) on "closed door", hence why the radio kept playing. After spending an hour inside, never had the problem again.