Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Servicing the AWD System

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:52 AM
Default Servicing the AWD System

Has anyone serviced their own AWD system on the Pacifica? Myhusband would prefer to do this procedure himself, but we are unsure of the process for changing the AWD fluids. If you've done this yourself, please let me know. Thanks!!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Servicing the AWD System

what year PAC?

Old 01-10-2008, 10:05 AM

It is a 2004. Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 01-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

AWD POWER TRANSFER UNIT The recommended lubricant for the AWD Power Transfer Unit is Mopar® 75W-90 Gear and Axle Lubricant
AWD REAR DRIVELINE MODULE FLUIDS
The recommended lubricant for the Differential Carrier is Mopar® 75W-90 Gear and Axle Lubricant.

STANDARD PROCEDURE - DIFFERENTIAL ASSEMBLY FLUID CHANGE The drain plug (Differential Drain Plug) for the differential assembly is located in the bottom of the differential assembly case, toward the rear of the unit. The fill plug (Differential Fill Plug) for the differential assembly is located on the rear of the assembly case. The correct fill level is to the bottom of the fill plug hole. Be sure the vehicle is on a level surface, or is hoisted in a level manner, in order to obtain the correct fill level. [ol][*]Raise the vehicle on a hoist.[*]Position a drain pan under the differential drain plug (Differential Drain Plug).[*]Remove the drain plug and allow the fluid to drain into the pan.[*]Install the drain plug and torque to 35 N·m (26 ft. lbs.).[*]Re-position the drain pan under the differential fill plug.[*]Remove the differential fill plug (Differential Fill Plug).[*]Using a suction gun (Filling Differential) or equivalent, fill the differential assembly with 0.7 L (0.74 Qts.) of Mopar® Gear and Axle Lubricant (75W-90).[*]Install the fill plug and torque to 35 N·m (26 ft. lbs.). [/ol]
STANDARD PROCEDURE - OVERRUNNING CLUTCH HOUSING FLUID CHANGE ATF+4
[ol][*]Raise vehicle on hoist.[*]Position a drain pan under overrunning clutch housing drain plug.[*]Remove overrunning clutch housing drain plug and drain fluid (Overrunning Clutch Case Drain Plug).[*]Install the drain plug and torque to 30 N·m (22 ft. lbs.).[*]Re-position the drain pan under the overrunning clutch housing fill plug.[*]Remove fill plug (Overrunning Clutch Housing Fill Plug).[*]Using a suction gun (Filling Overrunning Clutch Case), add 0.58 L (1.22 pts.) of Mopar® ATF+4 (Automatic Transmission Fluid—Type 9602).[*]Install fill plug and torque to 30 N·m (22 ft. lbs.). [/ol]

Old 01-11-2008, 11:04 AM

Would you happen to have diagrams of these procedures? If so, I could give you my email address. Thank you -- your instructions will be helpful!!

Old 02-17-2008, 02:46 PM

Just wanted to ask again. Does anyone have diagrams of how these procedures are done? My husband wants to change the fluids for the AWD system, and we're not exactly sure what we need. I'm about to hit 60k miles, which is when this service is performed. Can anyone help? Basically I'm looking for suggestions on what types/brands of fluids I need, and any diagrams that you may have. Thanks!!

Old 04-06-2008, 07:27 AM

Jennifer,
Here are the fluid specs but I do not have any pics on the locations of these items. I'm still working on that myself. Haven't been under the car.
Good luck,
Bob
Chassis
Component Fluids, Lubricants and Genuine Parts
Automatic Transmission Mopar
t ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid.
AWD Power Transfer Unit Mopar
t Gear Lubricant 75W-90.
AWD Overrunning Clutch Mopar
t ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid.
AWD Rear Carrier Mopar
t Gear Lubricant 75W-90.