Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Stop the rust on your Pacifica!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Default RE: Stop the rust on your Pacifica!

There isn't any rust under my hood.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:40 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but, isn't there a rust warranty for five or six years on Chrysler vehicles? If there is would it not be ok to take it to the dealer for repair?

Farout

Old 05-27-2008, 09:08 PM

I live in illinois and both my seat brackets are rustedI have noticed that the vehicle does get moisture in it especially in high rain periods and when you open the door the water builds up in the door sill that probably does not help any, i did have my stereo out and did not notice any rust in there though

Old 05-27-2008, 09:56 PM

I'm not sure on Chryslers warr, haven't read it... but I would assume the long term warranty for rust would be the rust that is initiated from the inside out. This would be a sealing problem from the factory, and would not show up for some time.

The rust on the seat pans/underdash metalwould be normal in a high humidity situation.I woulddefinately watch the areas where theseat fastens to the floor itself, that's where the real problems can exist.I can only suggest to keep the A/C running at all times, and at all temps when high humidity is knocking on your door.A/C will take moisture out of the air in the cabin. I don't know what else to suggest. Maybe save up those silica packets thrown in the boxes of electronic equipment! ha ha God knows they put so many of them in the boxes!