Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Suggestions for new engine ground strap for 2007 Pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Default Suggestions for new engine ground strap for 2007 Pacifica

Hello all

While looking to resolve another issue on a 2007 Pacifica I noticed that the braided ground strap wire from the engine block had entirely failed and dropped away. Please refer to my two images. As I am an electrical engineer and not a mech, I don't have a vast array of tools available to deal with this situation.

My questions:

1) Are there are any other easier locations to attach a new ground cable to the engine block?

2) Any suggestions on loosening that silver screw which holds of the existing broken cable eyelet?

Thank you in advance for any ideas of suggestions in which direction I should go with this necessary fix.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:08 AM

I'm new here, and considering the date on this thread, you've probably fixed this and moved on, but it might help someone else.
I just replaced my grounding cable as well. My suggestion is one of 2-options here:
1. I put a brand new cable on by attaching it to the same location on the motor side mount and then to the lower left (closer to the firewall) bolt on the body side mount. The bolt is a #13 metric. I just WD40 it and it loosened quite easily, attached the eyelet to that bolt and tightened it right back. Took about 10-mins. OR . . .
2. You could jimmy the wire clasps open on each of the eyelets and clamp a new piece of braid wire right back into each of them without having to loosen any bolts.

Just a humble suggestion from a DIY'er.