Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Throttle Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Default Throttle Problem

Hi, I recently changed the spark plugs on my 2006 Pacifica Touring, 3.5L engine. I cleaned the throttle body out also. I made sure to clean the Throttle Body position sensor and blow out all electrical connections before I put them back on. But something still happened.

Now when in park if I throttle up to only about 2500 the engine starts "bouncing" Reminds me of a rev limiter. RPMs drop then grow again only to drop. I got a check engine code for a throttle body position sensor. I didn't clean it with anything abrasive, just a shop towel. Before I start shotgun replacing parts has anyone experienced this or know what is going on? I tried searching around the internet and here for similar problems but come up short.

Also, does anyone use BOSCH Platinum +4 4428 spark plug? It is considered a replacement but it quite a bit shorter on both ends then the OEM brand. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Parts shop acted like it didn't.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:15 PM

You dont clean the TPS sensor. You may have put it back in wrong. Don't use Bosch plugs in a Chrysler. Put Champion OEM back in.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:31 PM

Yes, I miss spoke. There is a connection (reminded me of a TBS but now that i think about it no where close) that is in the back right side of the intake manifold (standing at the front of the vehicle looking back) That i cleaned out, a sensor of some sort.

So do you think that the BOSCH plugs could be the culprit? I have no problem putting different plugs in but I would also like to make sure so solve this engine light problem.

Thanks.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

put the champion plat plugs in and get the codes for the light first

Old 10-02-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by likewhoacl
Yes, I miss spoke. There is a connection (reminded me of a TBS but now that i think about it no where close) that is in the back right side of the intake manifold (standing at the front of the vehicle looking back) That i cleaned out, a sensor of some sort.

So do you think that the BOSCH plugs could be the culprit? I have no problem putting different plugs in but I would also like to make sure so solve this engine light problem.

Thanks.
They won't cause the RPM issue but they sure will seem to misfire and cause rough idle. I could get into the whole spill about Bosch in Chrysler ignition systems but been there done that just take our word for it...lol. Yeah we need codes like CT said. My guess is you may have a vacuum leak or a IAC motor issue from your description.