Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Transmission Stutter from 0-30mph

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Default RE: Transmission Stutter from 0-30mph

havnt gotten it in to the shop yet. ill let everyone know soon! the front rattle is ever so slight. since the wife is taking it in im expecting them to say they cant find it. if thats the case, ill take it in myself. the trans is getting worse.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:32 PM

I have had my tourque convertor replaced @ 8500 miles - had it back in shop @ 10500 with shuddering - could not find anything wrong. Well, it's 12900 miles & the problem is back & even worse. Shuddering is between 20 - 50 miles an hour or 1500 - 1800 RPM. It really starts with slight acceleration at those speeds. It's worse than ever & feels like I'm riding in the Great San Francisco
earthquake...you should see the dash rattle!! This car $uck$...another Detroit piece of garbage. Back in shop in the AM & sure they will find nothing wrong. Never never never will I buy American car again...thought I would never say that. Never had these issues with GM. Next move will be calling Chrysler customer service or my attorney. Thanks for hearing my rants.
Keep everyone posted.
4.0 Litre 6 speed auto

Old 05-07-2008, 09:16 PM

Sayonara,
Any resolution to your transmission and suspension issues?

Old 05-08-2008, 09:34 AM

I bought my 2007 Pacifica Touring 6spd 4 Liter in January of this year. It had 9,000 mi. on it and a 36,000 mi Warranty. Power train only comes with 08 models of first time buyers. I started experiencing problems shortly after purchase. I bought it in VA but now live in Ga. I took it to Milton Ruben Motors a five star dealer on JAN 22 at 10844 mi. with complaints of harsh shifting at 15-25MPH and harsh down shift at 30-25MPH. They Reprogrammed PCM with Stars can B. Also they found ck fluid and added ¾ qt. no leaks found. Took it back on FEB 15 at 11571 mi. They put a new isolator engine mount. They also put that FRT Center Torque Mount is cracked said they installed new one but I don’t see how that is possible since I am now asking them to put a new one on and they act like it has to come from California. Funny because I had to fight the Manager on the phone for an hour to order this. Took back to Milton Ruben on FEB 21 at 12687 mi. Looked for TSB found TSB 21-016-07 which is now updated to TSB 21-010-08.They keep test driving flashing PCM and saying problem is fixed. I would pick my vehicle up and get down the road realizing that it still wasn’t fixed. Then I drove back to VA took it to Billy Craft Chrysler on MAR 27 with 14352 mi. where I bought this lemon. They did DRB III Scan tool, updated PCM found Loss of Communication with NGC Module tried to rewrite but couldn’t. They said they would have to order a part but my leave was up and I had to go back to Ga. Took to Milton Ruben of Augusta Ga. On APR 1 with 14825 mi. They put a Module Memory Seat Control in it. Problem still there. I was angry and made an appointment with the Service Manager and Transmission Tech the next day. They both rode with me acknowledging the problem verbally while not putting anything on paper. They told me it was a characteristic. I said ok get me a similar car with same engine, miles, year etc. They only had an 08 with low miles but same engine. We both tried but with no prevail to make the 08 act up. Perfect shifting as far as I was considered. The Service Manager then tried to talk me into trading my Pacifica. I thought why I would do that when you can’t even fix this problem with an 07. They will only give me $14,000 trade in and I owe $19,999 on payoff after I had put $3,000 down when purchased. What a laugh. The Service Manager said they would contact Corporate to seek opinion on what to do. They called me the next day said Corporate said it’s just a characteristic of the Pacifica and they couldn’t explain why it doesn’t do it on all Pacificas. I have contacted Chrysler Customer Service three times and they are no help won’t even return phone calls. I then took it Augusta Dodge on APR 15 at 15675 mi. for second opinion. They couldn’t find a fault code therefore no problem right. Maybe if I had just fallen off the turnip truck yesterday I would believe them but they all refuse to acknowledge or fix the problem and even when they do they say well maybe it’s a characteristic. Bull!! I then took it to Triangle Dodge in South Carolina at request of a friend who said they were the best. Drove the vehicle 40 mi. to this dealer dropped off on MAY 2 at 16448 mi. they test drove forty miles and were just like all the others. I was hot and angry talked to the Service Manager who was looking through the paper work and was shocked that most of the paper work wasn’t on the Chrysler world system. He found that Milton Ruben of Augusta had diagnosed the problem as a TC but no TC billed to Chrysler Warranty. Hmm He told me to take it back to them order the part and potentially fix this problem. Called my tech guy at Milton Ruben he said sure bring it in. Then I called back to make sure they had the part and parts said they would have to order from CA. but needed permission from Manager. Thats when me and the Service Manager got in an argument. He wanted me to bring it back in so they could evaluate it again. I told him I have given you guys enough chances to evaluate. I was even in there shop a whole week once. He said he didn’t think it was the TC. We argued I threatened a law-suit and then he said he would order the part and give me a call when it gets in. While studying this website I found that Chrysler had a problem with TC built on or before DEC. 15 2006. What a coincidence mine was built on OCT 06. Hmm It is TSB 21-002-07 REV. B Thanks for your time and I hope I spare some fortunate soul with similar problems.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:29 PM

Sorry to hear of this BigARMY25ID, welcome to the world of Chrysler Customer Support[:'(]
If they do fix it and you want some peace of mind, you can get the lifetime warranty in the form of an extended warranty for life at a price much lower than your local dealer will give you. I bought one for my '07 which I purchased new last may about 2 months before they started the lifetime powertrain warranty. see my post at the end of this thread:

https://www.chryslerforum.com/m_16019/tm.htm