Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Warning to Chrysler Pacifica owners/potential buyers

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Default RE: Warning to Chrysler Pacifica owners/potential buyers

I had this exact same problem with a Dodge Daytona Turbo. Bought it new in the mid 80's. Would stall making left turns. Got to the point I would not allow my wife (and it was her car) to drive it. I would never drive it with my kids in the car. I was very very paranoid making any left turn. Brought the car into various Dodge/Chrysler service departments. Got nowhere. Had the regional rep involved and got nowhere.

Eventually,got the engine replaced at no cost. Surprisingly, the problem continued even with the new engine. Eventually, parked the car in less than desirable area in New York City. Just left it there. About a month after parking it, I got a call from the NYPD, they had found a few parts of a car, they traced the vin # back to me. I told them I had no idea the car was even missing. I told them where I had parked it last. They said that was the vicinity where the parts turned up and I should contact my insurance company. I did, and was paid for the loss. I could not in good conscience sell that vehicle to anyone.

I did just buy an 05 Pacifica with 8500 miles on it. Prior to buying it, my wife and I recently rented a Pacifica for a week during an out of state trip. We wanted to drive one for awhile before we decided to buy the 05. We were happy with the rented Pacifica. I am very surprised and concerned to hear this left turn problem has manifested itself in the Pacifica.

Hopefully Daimler-Chrysler will step up and take care of these problems. I am not to concerned when problems happen in a new car, these are complicated machines. What does concern me is how the manufacturer handles the problem. It amazes me how these companies try and duck and dodge these problems. Only causing mre grief and loss of customer confidence in their products, only to eventually have to deal with the problem anyway. Why don't they just own up in the first place and save everyone the grief.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:04 PM

Chrysler has issued a recall for '05 and '06 Pacificas regarding the stall problem. I received mine in the mail this week ('05).

You can submit the last 8 digits of your VIN here to see if it applies to your vehicle:
http://www-5.chrysler.com/webselfser...m%28%27R%27%29

Here is a PDF sample of the actual recall notice:
FUEL PUMP MODULE AND/OR REPROGRAM PCM
http://www-5.chrysler.com/universal/...ce/pdf/F44.pdf

Old 12-15-2006, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

ok here we go we have a recall with a pcm update for stalling F44 EITHER OR flash pcm and replace fuel pump if in certan build date.
check local dealer or if u want give me last 7 of your vin and i can check
the recall is only for 05/06 pac.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

well ne one wanting to view this tsb everyone is talking about i will upload it. if u had this tsb done u should have had a pcm update and an IAC motor installed.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:46 PM

We just bought a used 2005 Pacifica, and as you can imagine, I got concerned when I started reading about this problem. When I enter the VIN number in the Chrysler website, nothing comes up. Is this possible? did this problem affect all 2005 Pacificas, or just a number of them? Thanks in advancefor your replies.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

read the above attachment that i posted and it will give build dates for which the tsb applies to. If u dont know i can run your vin and check it out for u. If u have done this already and no tsbs are for your vin then the repair does not affect you. And if u dont have this prob then u should not worry about it unless it comes up. TSB are only for if there is a prob it does not say there is one on all cars just if this happens then this is what the chrysler help line has found to fix it.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:10 AM

Perfect, thanks for the prompt reply!

Old 07-07-2007, 08:32 PM

I have an 04 Pacifica that I bought for my wife when they were first released. I saw it at the LA auto show and liked many of the features that the vehicle had. But that I can firmly say was the last time that I liked the car.

Since we have owned the car, for only three years now, so many things have gone wrong that I will NEVER buy another Chrysler again. Since we have owned the vehicle we have had to change both headlights, both tailights, the tire sensors have failed twice, the rear tailgate doesnt work properly (if at all), the entire gauge cluster shorted out, the evap solenoid has failed 4 times, and the entire climate control console has burned out.

Granted, almost all of these items were repaired under warranty, just the time and energy of always having minor to moderate problems is tasking. I have never owned a vehicle that has had so many problems in such a short period of time. If this is what Chrysler is producing, I want nothing more to do with it. I bought the vehicle new, so there were no prior owners or wrecks to blame for the problems.

I am also not satisfied that the dealership here in Valencia, CA is even doing the service that you pay for. I brought my vehicle to the shop and had the 30000 mile service done. I picked up the car and drove 5 miles away to my house. When I got home, I saw that another headlamp had burned out. I checked the service chcklist which said that the headlights were both working properly. I know that there is a chance that it burned out in those 5 miles that I drove home, but what are the chances?

Lame Lame Lame

Old 07-07-2007, 08:45 PM

i have an 04 great car maybe the dealer has to look at your problem

Old 07-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

I think u might be looking at this more from a owners perspective and not any one elses perspective. ALL CARS have issues no matter who makes or fixes them. As for wo services your car thats a whole other issue. The bulbs u replace are german design. The cluster chrysler design.Tire sensor chrsyler design and only one failed.The 4 time evap eolenoif issue hehe that was your service depts mess up. I doubt big time they got 4 that was bad or something.If so then get that tech to buy loto tickets because he was the one in a trilion.Plus this is the first year run they alwase have issues first year.

Quick Reply: Warning to Chrysler Pacifica owners/potential buyers