Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Water leaking into interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 01:22 PM

I have the same trouble with collecting water on drivers side.
I found two strange holes under the steering wheel:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2M...ew?usp=sharing
I also don't fully understand is this factory made (something like welding)? It seems that it starts to crack and soon will drop down.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2M...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Krezas Is Lietuvos; 02-20-2016 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Added pictures
Old 03-25-2019, 10:19 AM
Default Did this work to stop leak?

Did this stop your leak? I have exact same issue now.

Originally Posted by scottydl
Mechanic says he found the leak, and it is hopefully fixed. It ended up being a quarter-sized hole in the cowling area between the top of the hood and the bottom of the windshield. Yes, somehow water was entering there, running along the body and/or through the doors, and showing itself on the driver's side backseat floor. That rear passenger door seal was also replaced, so it's possible that water was coming in 2 places.

My Pacifica's interior literally had be torn out to eventually find this leak... seats, carpet, padding (which needs to be replaced due to repeated water exposure and mold risk), and underdash brake cable and computer. Then the upper vent and cowl by the hood/windshield, a bunch of crud/buildup removed and scraped away, which led to discovered of a blocked drain tube and standing water that caused corroded hole to form over time. It was all patched up and sealed with several layers of body fill and waterproof roof flashing caulk material.

I'm a little concerned about the number of labor hours I'll have to pay for here (Pac is still getting reassembled and I don't have final bill yet), but since I wanted to keep the vehicle it was all fairly unavoidable. Now I can only hope that there are no more sources of water intake hiding in there!

Old 03-25-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Azirb

Did this stop your leak? I have exact same issue now.

Yes I found. I removed the wipers (wiper arms as well). Then plastic cover which is between front glass and engine hood. Then started to pour water from top and look for the leaking points internally and where the water collects and penetrates. I made some pictures at that time. Used polurathane glue to seal this (simple sanitary silicon lasted only 6 months). But now it's okay for the years (3 maybe). In my case is where the car body horizontal metal sheet is connected to the vertical on the drivers side below wiper motor and moving parts (it was rusted a bit as well in that area - corner). In addition my car had front accident (so it may also impact this).
look the grey color seal. Some "expert" used polurethan foam (yellow color) and painted in silver color so I had to remove that **** before could seal it.

Pacifica 2006.

Last edited by Krezas Is Lietuvos; 03-27-2019 at 12:05 PM.