Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Windshield Defroster won't shut off

Old 09-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Angry Windshield Defroster won't shut off

If someone can PLEASE help with this. I've had the car to the dealer and of course after paying them $88 (with an extended warranty mind you) to look at it.. they can't duplicate the problem (BS). Anyway. Turn on your heat... it blows out mostly at the windshield defroster and a little bit at where ever you actually TOLD it to go. Example... I want heat on my feet. I have almost NO heat at my feet and I'm suffocating from the blast of heat in my face from the windshield! I can get a decent amount of heat out at the console towards my hands but still a fair amount at the defrost level. If I say NO heat at the defrost there is always a decent amount there. I don't know what is wrong, just that something is DEFINATELY wrong! I can't make it through another winter like this. The only way to stop the heat from blowing strongly off the windshield into your face is to turn the heat off! So then you're freezing.. your feet are numb and it's not comfortable at all. OH and it's way worse when the car is actually COLD. So when it hits 80 today, if I go out to show you the problem, it may or may not happen. BUT if it's 40's or below.. it will definately always do it.

I just called the dealer and informed them it is STILL doing it and they want another $88 to look at it!

Old 09-23-2010, 05:50 PM

We have an '07 Touring and have experienced some of the same stuff you have. When under factory warrantee I took it in and complained only to be told it was "normal". I find that turning down the climate control helps as after a while the system seems to work normally. Sorry I can't be of more help.