disc brakes rear - Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

Old 06-14-2011, 03:38 PM

Default disc brakes rear

is there a kit, or what parts car would i need to put disc brakes on the rear of my -7 cruiser? Any thoughts or ideas wuold be welcome.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:10 AM

To be completely honest, the upgrade isn't worth it. If you want the looks, I suppose if you found a wrecked PT in the junkyard that had rear discs you could steal the swap off of it. You'll need the rear hubs, the rotors, the calipers, all brackets that your car does not have or will not fit the brakes, and of course the lines. I believe your e-brake cable may need to be replaced also. But all the work involved for an autocross brake setup? Nah. Not worth it for a street driven car. Maybe if you were autocrossing it all the time, would this upgrade be remotely worth it, but I think even in autocrossing you can get away with a good front brake setup and a mild rear upgrade on the shoes.