Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

The end of the Chrysler PT Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 12:36 AM

Well guys i am purchasing a PT cruiser from a person and its a very good car.But i wonder why are they going to end the Pt cruiser.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Default 2001 pt cruisers suck

I have never had this many problems with a car till i got this pile of junk.......Im a woman yes but im not stupid i have came here and got lots of my info and it has helped alot but one code gets fixed then three others come up im fed up with this junk think i should just sale it for a parts car i know the crank sensor is still good and those go out all the time bet i could sell that pretty easy and cheaper than dealerships......lol the car has held up great other than one code comes up you fix it then because you did something with it then it triggers another code and you have to fix that one a never ending battle here with a pile of junk.........Ill even say hyundai sonatas are junk to I have a 2010 hyundai sonata 53k miles only made 6 payments on it passenger door handle fell off took it to dealership they asked me if i could move it and i went out another worker offered to move it i went to open driver door and driver door handle fell off so then came time to take it in and get those on the day before and cruise control stopped working cause by something with the brake something while waiting there three hours for them to put door handles on i go to ask how much longer for my car he says i didnt even know you where here cause lady that checked me in didnt tell him when he got back from lunch thank god the manager got me a loaner car so i wasnt stuck with having to go through back doors but good thing was it was free for me since i still had bumper to bumper on it.........but even though i got a loaner car it was crap to 2012 hyundai sonata low profile tires sounds like brakes where rubbing it was horrible all i liked about it was the gps and camera to back up didnt even like the keyless start cause thats like asking someone here come take my car cause all they have to do is bust window push brake start it and go..........the car i traded in for the hyundai sonata was 2006 chrysler pacifica and it was a great car but was time for new one when the ac went out on it in 100+ degree weather.......LOL but i have to say the best car i have ever had was my first car 1991 toyota celica man i miss that car but it went to heaven ........

Old 03-09-2012, 04:44 PM

Punctuation is way overrated.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Default Rad Fan caused trouble

Update on the A/C problem. After getting 3 opinions, both compressor and drier replaced, negative response from the Chrysler Canada the problem has still persisted.
Two years later I decided to check it again at another Chrysler dealership. This time the rad fan was diagnosed to be the trouble, not the A/C at all. I seem to have been driving with no slow rad fan for about two years.
After both rad fan and electronic controller having been replaced the problem now is gone.
Go figure.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by PL8S
Update on the A/C problem. After getting 3 opinions, both compressor and drier replaced, negative response from the Chrysler Canada the problem has still persisted.
Two years later I decided to check it again at another Chrysler dealership. This time the rad fan was diagnosed to be the trouble, not the A/C at all. I seem to have been driving with no slow rad fan for about two years.
After both rad fan and electronic controller having been replaced the problem now is gone.
Go figure.
We replace a TON of cooling fans in PTs. Very common.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by TNtech
We replace a TON of cooling fans in PTs. Very common.
Thanks for your response. As common it is, I've got three opinions at three independent garages, all wrong. Chrysler garage got it right from the first time.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by PL8S
Thanks for your response. As common it is, I've got three opinions at three independent garages, all wrong. Chrysler garage got it right from the first time.
It's a 2 circuit fan. They see or hear it running they think it's working.....but just working on one speed.