Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

Help with shifting problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Default Help with shifting problem

Can anyone help me become informed as to what the problem might be with my 03 PT left at the mechanic today. I want to make sure they are telling me the real problem and I can sound informed and not just a dumb girl with a car problem. Today while driving to work in the interstate everything seemed fine until I noticed a whining noise when I would step on the gas pedal. Then when having to come to an almost stop I couldn't get the car to shift to the next gear. It finally would jerk and kick into gear. This kept happening all the way to the office but at least I made it. Then when taking it to the mechanic it seemed to be getting worse. Several times after having to slow down or stop at a light I thought it would never get into a gear. Just as I was getting to the mechanic the check engine light came on. I didn't check the code but it has been coming on and off for the last year with P411 that I found out had to do with the emissions pressure or something like that. So, anyone got advise/input for me before the mechanic calls back tomorrow? Thanks!

Old 06-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

well could be low fluid issue or internal trans issue let them tell u whats wrong then get back to us about that there is nothing much u can be informed about in this matter until u have some diog done to what the issue is then we can cry BS if what they saw is good or not.