Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

My Poor Petey(Won't Start) After Tranny Change

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 06:04 PM
Angry My Poor Petey(Won't Start) After Tranny Change

Hello All. I am new to the forum due to having bought a PT with a simple problem to fix that has become a nightmare. I was able to by a low mileage PT cheap because it had no reverse. I bought a replacement transmission with a great warranty which is now mostly gone time wise and I don't even know if it works yet. I replaced the transmission without issues beyond that stupid bracket but now that everything is back together I only get six spaced out clicks when I try to start the car. I have looked the car over so many times id rather set it on fire than look at it again because everything is hooked up as it was in the first place. I have looked all over the net for weeks for something that will help solve this and nothing has helped. I have wasted time and money buying both a new battery and starter following help from the internet to have the exact same problem. The dot on the dash is as it should be, good power, good starter that is obviously getting power, and I have pulled all the fuses with were fine. Please stop me pondering its use as target practice.