Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

01 chrysler T&C limited battery drain

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 09:47 AM

There's more draining the battery than just the "parasitic" load. All batteries discharge themselves slowly, nickel-cadmium being the worst, but some battery constructions are better than others.
Talking lead-acids, the self-discharge of a Ducellier silver-calcium-calcium battery I've measured at 5m/A.
But a Halford's calcium battery comes in at 40m/A.
This will go some way to helping next time a new battery has to be fitted.

Leedsman.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Smile battery drain

Dear all,
Please could you help, I have been suffering from the same issues for the past couple of months now, I will leave my voyager for a couple of days and come to start nothing.
I have together with an electricain tracked it down to a drain on the hazard warning circut. This is proven when i remove the 20amp fuse the voltage drain stops.
I now need to check the hazard relay, can someone please tell me where this is located on my 03 Grand Voyager

Many thanks for your help

Tim

Old 07-22-2014, 01:26 PM

Well done if you've pin-pointed it. Full discharge after only 2 days will result in some heat somewhere. If you can get your hands on one of those infra-red thermometers or similar, find where the heat is and look into it. Also, look at everything in absolute darkness to see if any lamp is partially lit.
Lighting on very modern cars is under microprocessor control, something to bear in mind when investigating. If the lights sockets have electronic components on them, this is the giveaway.
Have you checked the ign. key is being removed properly, not in the "accessories" position, as wear/faults can make this possible?
One assumes you've done the hard reset by disconnecting the battery -ve for a few minutes? Have the radio-code to hand just in case this procedure loses it.

Leedsman.