Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Grand Voyager battery drain

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Ian
Default 2004 Grand Voyager battery drain

2004 Grand Voyager battery drain. Battery goes flat after 5 days dvd player stays lit up even when the ignition is off and the key removed don't know if this is the problem but i am sure it wont be helping any body got any ideas
Thanks

Old 08-24-2009, 05:14 PM

Check it's not a faulty ignition switch and you are removing the key in the auxiliary position?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:47 AM
Ian

Originally Posted by Merlin
Check it's not a faulty ignition switch and you are removing the key in the auxiliary position?
Switch seems to be fine key only comes out in the correct position

Old 08-25-2009, 08:05 AM

I assume that the DVD player is fused, hopefully, so I would suggest to remove it, or just disconnect the DVD player to see if that's the one cause the trouble.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Ian

The fuse had gone for the cd so i replaced it made no differance how do i get the surrond off i can only find 2 screws at the top but it dose not want to come off? so i can disconnect the dvd

Old 08-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

the dvd gets power from the radio I bet the radio itself is causing the drain seen it a few times.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:36 AM
Ian

OK i have removed the radio and dvd and rechecked the fuses to find (fuel heater ) fuse blown replaced and started the car fuse gone again could this be linked someway to the dvd unit to light it up or am i just getting more problems?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:01 AM

Hi
unplug the fuel heater and retry see if it blows again but should be unrelated, filter housing can short out. Is your DVD player a factory unit or a mopar unit or after market? single or 6 disc changer? (Mopar unit will say mopar on the remote) You should also have an RB3 sat nav radio yes? I agree with Chrysler Tech and it will most likely be the radio at fault.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Ian

Originally Posted by Merlin
Hi
unplug the fuel heater and retry see if it blows again but should be unrelated, filter housing can short out. Is your DVD player a factory unit or a mopar unit or after market? single or 6 disc changer? (Mopar unit will say mopar on the remote) You should also have an RB3 sat nav radio yes? I agree with Chrysler Tech and it will most likely be the radio at fault.

Where do i find the fuel heater?. Yes it dose hsve a sat nav radio and a mopar dvd

Old 08-26-2009, 05:19 PM

Hi
On the fuel lift pump by the tank. I am sure this is the same fuse that is the voltage sense for the PCM so will also affect the charging. You can check this because if it is you will see the headlamp flicker when at idle and lights on.

Quick Reply: 2004 Grand Voyager battery drain