Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'01 T&C Electric Window Motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Default '01 T&C Electric Window Motor

My '01 driver's side power window intermittently won't go back up. The only way to get it to raise is to open and slam the door closed, sometimes a few times. The window will then raise and work well for awhile. My questions are these:

1. What is required to remove the door panel?
2. How difficult is it to replace the motor (access to the motor)?
3. Is there a Chrysler (or other) service manual that is helpful to get to the window motor?

I really won't know if the problem is motor vs. wiring until I get behind the door panel.

Thanks for the help!

Old 11-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Default RE: '01 T&C Electric Window Motor

Door Trim Panel Removal 1. Roll door glass down and disconnect battery negative cable. 2. Remove screw holding trim bezel to inside latch release handle. 3. Slide bezel forward to disengage hooks holding bezel to latch release handle. 4. Separate bezel from door trim. 5. Disenage wire connector from power door lock switch, if equipped. 6. Using a trim stick, pry upward at rear edge of switch panel to disengage clips. 7. Separate switch panel from door trim. 8. Disenage wire connectors from power mirror and power window stitches, if equipped.9. Remove screws holding power seat switch to panel. 10. Separate switch panel from door. 11. Remove screw holding window crank to regulator spline shaft and separate handle from door, if equipped. 12. Using a trim stick, disengage clips holding speaker grille to door trim. 13. From above speaker, remove screw holding trim panel to door. 14. Pry outward at bottom of courtesy lamp to disengage tabs holding lamp to trim panel.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:44 PM

Con't: 15. Disenage socket and bulb from lamp and separate lamp from door. 16. From inside lamp cavity, remove screw holding trim panel to door. 17. Remove screw holding arm rest pull cup to door. 18. Remove hidden screws holding trim panel to door from carpeted area at bottom of trim. 19. Hold botom of trim panel away from door and lift upward to disengage hooks holding trim to top of door. 20. Separate trim panel from door.

That special tool listed you can get and Autozone unfortunately it will be made in China. It is no big deal it's just a stiff piece of metal shaded like a"Y" that you can slip down to knock off the clip. You can get these service manuals thru Chrysler Corp Service Publications, CIMS 424-81-55, 25999 Lawrence Ave., Center Line, MI 48015. Call them, ask operator to get number. If they don't have it there is a company that handles these books that refer u to.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:57 PM

Window Lift Motor Test. 1. Conect positive (+) lead from a test battery to either of the two motor terminals. 2. Connect negative (-) lead from test battery to remaing motor terminal. 3. The motor should now rotate in one direction to either move window up or dow. a. If window happends to already by in full UP position and motor is connected so as to rotate in UP direction no movement will be observed. b. Likewise, motor connected to DOWN direction rotation, no movement will be observed if window is already in full DOWN position. 4. Reverse battery leads leads (steps 1 & 2 above) and window should now move. If window does not move, remove motor. 5. If window moved completely up or down, motor should be reversed one more time (reverse leads from step 4) to complete a full window travel inspection.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Where are you getting all this info dusterdan?

Old 11-18-2005, 08:51 AM

chrysler service manual 95 lebaron spiri acclaim shadow sundance sorrt i dont have your book but i only buy them when i work on a lot of a certain group of cars this one is 1700 pages and costs 80 dollars