Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

05 Chrylser T&C

Old 07-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Angry 05 Chrylser T&C

I bought this van new and have had nothing but issues with it. Chrysler customer service hung up on me and the dealership went out of business, so I am stuck with it...now I just need help.

My biggest issue at the moment is the A/C. After the first year of ownership, it died. They had to replace everything. It worked for two years...long enought that it isn't under warranty anymore...and it died again. I have taken it to three shops, two of which were different dealers and not one of them can find a problem with it! I have had everything remotely associated with the system checked out for problems and leakage...nothing. I have had to resort to paying $150 every time I need a charge, which is 2-3 times a season, depending on the weather. It lasts for about 4 weeks with moderate use and about 2 with a lot of use.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any known fixes anyone has come up with would be wonderful and completely appreciated. Over 100 degrees and we are BAKING!

Old 07-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

u already know the prob U have a leak now it a matter of some one finding the leak.
Put dye in the system and use the UV light to find where the oil is coming from a good ac guy can find it

Old 07-07-2010, 07:22 AM

I wish it were that easy. All three places have done the die test at least once. We have had the interior, dash, exterior...all of it looked at , taken apart...everything. No one can find a leak anywhere. The guys are all trained with AC and have certificates and such to prove it. I am at a loss. Two of the places just flat out said they need to replace the whole thing...they don't know what else to do. One of them wants me to just keep coming back...lots of profit there. It is frustrating.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

not much to say here find a Chrysler guy to take a look at it
I cant vouch for them being able to find a leak if u haft to add freon back into the system there is a leak U know the prob now just need to find some one that can locate it for ya.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Default check the rear AC for leaks

Because of problems with the rear AC unit, Chrysler has extended the warranty on the rear AC to 7years/70000miles. I have a letter from Chrysler to that effect for my 2006. You’ll see the same thing mentioned at the end of this thread:
https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...+recall&page=4

You might check for leaks there.