Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'05 Town & Country Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Default '05 Town & Country Problems

I am ready to kick Chrysler right where it counts! I had a 1999 and just loved it so when they came out with the stow and go seats, I had to have it. I bought a 2005 Limited LOADED... $43,000. Now don't get me wrong, I love the van and if it wasn't for that, it would have been gone by now. I have had problems with the visor (replaced twice), the electronic start, the positioning - first the seat, now the mirror and radio. The passenger side door came off the track while we were in the middle of the Smokey Mountains. And my U-Connect would break up if I turned the volume up.

Now my BIGGEST problem is my radio. I have the Satellite/GPS model. I have been come very addicted to Sirius. Well I can get in to my car, turn it on and get static from Sirius. At first I thought it was clouds or interference but after a while I took it in to be looked at. They couldn't find anything and it started happening again. I noticed that the radio would also lock up and I couldn't even turn it off.

Now sometimes if I stopped the car, turned it off, opened the door to shut off the radio and then restart the car it would fix it. But not always. I will finally maybe after driving 10 mins. People must think I am nuts at stop lights, turning off my car and opening/closing my door.

Of course because this happens only when it wants to and the dealer is a town away, I can't show it to them. They did replace I think it was the antenna, but that didn't do any good. The poor guy at the Chrysler dealer wants to bad to help me but he his hands are tied by Chrysler.

So I called Chrysler today told them everything that has happened and how unhappy I am and they still will not replace the radio because when the techs look at it, it is fine. So I told the girl I will video tape it next time, either that or get rid of the damn van. [:@] The problem is, I love it too much and I don't think I can depart with it.

So I am curious, has anyone else had any problems with their radios at all, or is it just my bad luck as usual.

Old 02-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Default RE: '05 Town & Country Problems

I have an '04 Limited AWD with the NAV radio (from the factory). I also have the Sirius radio unit I bought through the Mopar parts department but have not yet had it put-in. Not too crazy about the hole required in the roof. Anyway, I haven't had any problems with the radio set up at all. Maybe the satelite receiver box on yours is screwing up. It is mounted in the rear of the van on the left side behind the plastic panel. Could be a bad ground there or the switching box near the radio at the front (behind the dash). Get the dealer to swap receivers first (you need to change the ESN with the Sirius people as well).

I like my T&C but my next van won't be Chrysler though, as I now have the last of the all wheel drive Chrycos and I do not like the Pacifca at all. Don't like the thought of a Sienna, but that's all there is in AWD.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Default RE: '05 Town & Country Problems

I just noticed there is a TSB on the Sirius radio and it involves the receiver box being exchanged. As your dealer as you describe the exact symptoms it covers. Go to all data here is the link: http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Chrysler/...55-05/551.html
Good Luck and let me know if this works.