Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

06 t&c flickering cluster/ radio goes out

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 07:14 PM
Default 06 t&c flickering cluster/ radio goes out

Okay so I have an 06 town and country and the dash lights and abs lights will all intermitantly flash on and the gauges will start to erratically sweep back and forth, sometimes while driving and sometimes while sitting still, I have done extensive research on the net about said issue and no one ever seems to have a concrete answer as to cause, the car will continue to run as normal......right before the problem occurs you can see the cluster lighting kinda pulsating......I have replaced the batery, checked all cables and connections, removed fuse box and inspected all connections and looked at the back of the circuit board for any breaks, I've done a wiggle test on the entire harness and have found nothing. I'm beginning to wonder if it may be a problem with the fuse box and or the module that plugs into it......anyone had this issue with their T&C?? IF SO WHAT DID YOU DO TO SOLVE IT???? BEEN dealing with this issue since summer.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Old 01-15-2014, 10:36 AM

If my memory serves me, I think one problem exactly like yours was cured by disconnecting the battery -ve for a few minutes (have the radio-code to hand if you do this) thereby forcing a hard reset on all the micros, and the other was corroded contacts etc. on the body control module (fuseboard is integral) -- See Qinteq's contributions on this one.

Leedsman.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Leedsman
If my memory serves me, I think one problem exactly like yours was cured by disconnecting the battery -ve for a few minutes (have the radio-code to hand if you do this) thereby forcing a hard reset on all the micros, and the other was corroded contacts etc. on the body control module (fuseboard is integral) -- See Qinteq's contributions on this one.

Leedsman.
it's not gonna be the battery reset deal, because battery has been disconnected many times for one reason or another and problem persists, however, I will inspect BCM connections, thanks for the ideas

Old 01-20-2014, 11:30 AM

you have a short somewhere in the circuit. find a schematic and follow the circuit to find the short. may be on the instrument cluster board on the hvac controls where mine was

Old 02-06-2014, 08:34 AM

anyone else have any solutions whose t/c had the exact issue mine does??