Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Town & Country P2302 / poor running

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Default 08 Town & Country P2302 / poor running

Recently (beginning of this month), my wife and I purchased an 08 Town & Country with 86k miles on it from a local Chrysler dealership and the dealership and is "gold assured" meaning it went through a more rigorous inspection and that "you can have confidence that you're purchasing a reliable vehicle"...

Day after we purchased the vehicle, I drove the car to work about 15 miles and left after about 2 hours - check engine light came on and vehicle ran rough... Took to dealer found P2302 and replaced coil and spark plug that was found cracked.. Ran fine the remainder of the day we picked it up. The very next day, drove vehicle 30 miles, parked for a few hours and on the way back - same problem (check engine etc)... Back to dealer - same code and found pinched wire under intake manifold.

Vehicle was driving fine (about 5 days) till earlier this week - problem returned after driving it, letting it sit an hour or so and driving again--- took back to dealer... This time with the same p2302, dealer found loose pins on the wiring harness and they performed a pin reset and ensured no more loose pins- ... They drove it around town for their testing and everything appeared to be OK. Yesterday (day after we got vehicle back) started car in the afternoon and check engine light is back... Back to dealer again (this time they are keeping it a few days).

What I've observed: 3 of the 4 times the problem popped up was after vehicle was driven for 15 or more miles, then sits for 1 or more hours (cooling down) and after vehicle restart problem comes back... I've shared this all with the service department... Service dept pulled service record and found the computer was replaced April then again in June and also a coil replaced in there as well... To me the problem isn't fixed, it never was as evidence by 2 computers and now 2 coil packs later, problem is still here... Service has been very accommodating with us, but I'm at the point of having no confidence in this being a reliable vehicle.

Sorry for the long story, any thoughts on this?

Old 07-18-2013, 12:52 AM

Read two threads where the PCM fixed the P2302. May be time for a new engine wire harness.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:57 PM

I think you may be on to something with the wiring harness- after 2 computer replacements, need to start looking elsewhere for the problem-hopefully that's where they dig next