Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Town & Country VES Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Amberb
Also having problem with both of my VES monitors * 08 grand caravan * both screens are completely black. Haven't checked the fuse yet but not really thinking that's what's wrong seeing as how the fuse powers other things and everything else seems to work. Ppl have said to check the ribbon cables on both monitors...thoughts????
- common issue, get the right one for your year, the 13 to 15 model is longer and more pins

Old 09-10-2016, 02:28 AM

Wow I own many own fully loaded rigs and my 2008 caravan takes the cake. I work on systems and misc. electronics. after realizing my VES system was turned off and would not turn back on I started diagnosing a problem. My findings are if they made the unit with the cheapest parts they could find not only the VES system but the cars lan. system is an embarrassment. Dodge and Crysler need to own up and fix there quality and functionality until then stop selling us stuff thats worth only a quarter of whats its worth. especially when the vehicle (seats screens sensors) stops working cause its out of date. fyi I own a Chevy and Ford with all the same options. They both fix manufacturer issues, What is your problem? So 1 of 2 things are happening your screens cheap plastic case pulled a wire out. or due to the uneven currents running through your ves or lan system IT!! blew a modual. Due to this problem and the fact the company fails to realize their mistake or more like chooses not to. i will never purchase anything with there name on it again.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Default Same thing

Hi I have an 08 and the exact same thing just started happening. More when hot. Did you end up finding the fix?
Cheers

Originally Posted by jecomer
ChryslerCares, thanks so much for your reply and information. As a follow up, I took the van into a local dealership and gave them the TSB information. They tried to reload the software/firmware without luck. After some testing they came back and said that the VES had a bad "module" that was causing the problem. The cost of the module and labor was going to be around $800. They said that they would order the part and give me a call. That was over a month ago and I haven't heard from them. Honestly, I don't have $800 laying around to spend on fixing the VES, so I haven't pushed the situation.

My next question to you is, do you have any idea what "module" they could be referring to? If I had some idea where the module is and the ease of installation, I maybe interested in doing the repair myself. I was thinking I could go to a local salvage yard and remove the "module" from a wrecked vehicle and install in my vehicle. As a little background, I not a huge car guy, but I am fairly handy and I am also an electrical engineer. So I am not afraid of electronics.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

Old 12-17-2016, 05:07 AM
Default Worked for me

Originally Posted by firefly9696
Can you let me know where you can purchase this cable at? Thanks.
The link to the part sold on ebay is in Step88s post. I ordered 2 ribbons for $50, took me less then 2 hours to install. Good luck!

Old 01-05-2017, 08:17 AM
Default 2008 Aspen Rear VES Issue

I recently had a similar issue where my rear VES went out. I replaced the ribbon and still nothing. When I go into the menu, I'm still unable enable the "Turn on rear VES" button. Could it possibly a blown fuse or some other option?

Old 02-21-2019, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by firefly9696
Can you let me know where you can purchase this cable at? Thanks.
http://ebay.us/APUpPK?cmpnId=5338273189

This seems to be the least expensive option, free shipping too.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:04 AM
Default 34 pin and 68 pin cables here

Old 08-12-2019, 08:46 PM
Default Front screen

I'm have a similar problem. The front screen in the dash will not work, will not turn on, no radio no nothing completely black. The second row VES screen has the split columns like everybody is having on their third row screen. Anybody know what a simple fix for this might be?

Old 08-13-2019, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Dennis Osborne
I'm have a similar problem. The front screen in the dash will not work, will not turn on, no radio no nothing completely black. The second row VES screen has the split columns like everybody is having on their third row screen. Anybody know what a simple fix for this might be?
Hey Dennis,
it sounds like the radio fuse. Typically when the monitor cable fails the 2nd row just goes black. I have also heard stories of really strange behavior of dash functions but never a power loss on head unit. Check all your fuses first before checking for power at radio plug, easiest procedures first.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by 88Stepside
Hey Dennis,
it sounds like the radio fuse. Typically when the monitor cable fails the 2nd row just goes black. I have also heard stories of really strange behavior of dash functions but never a power loss on head unit. Check all your fuses first before checking for power at radio plug, easiest procedures first.

Checked the fuses. Nothing. I took the radio out. It's getting power. The fan in the radio runs. But still no screen or any other features work.

Quick Reply: 08 Town & Country VES Problem