Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Blower problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 04:03 PM

Hi Guys,
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I thought it better than create a new one...

New to the forum, I have a similar issue with my 2001 T&C where my heater blower works intermittently, it will work perfectly one day and the next day it will only work after driving for a bout 20 minutes, I usually turn the AC on and off and it eventually starts to work (I don't know if this actually does anything but it keeps be occupied while waiting for heat LOL). The rear heater works fine. It looks like so far this thread talks describes vans without Automatic Temp Controls, I was wondering if the testing procedure was different for a unit with ATC. From what I was able to piece together without ATC there is the Blower resistor module and with ATC there is the Blower control module??

thanks in advance
Mike

Old 12-15-2009, 06:40 AM

Probability of the blower motor starting to fail. Very common problem. A quick verification is to use a multimeter and put it on the blower connection. When it is acting up, measure volatage on high speed. if you have 12v the problem is the blower. if no voltage then you'll need to diagnose the problem. Using schematics, factory service manual and some quality problem solving skills you should be able to pinpoint the problem

Old 12-20-2009, 12:29 AM
Default 2001 Blower problems

My a/c and Heat blower has stopped functioning. I checked the wire under the dash and its clean and good, far as i can tell. I dont have a book so I dont know if its a fuse, but If anyone could point me it would be helpful.Also having driver side headlight issues similar to other people on here if anyone knows the fix.Thanks - Squrl

Old 12-22-2009, 10:17 PM

My blower motor, or resistor, is starting to fall apart. It works, be it very slow. Like I need to kick it. Anyway would this normally be caused by the blower motor or the resistor? Or both?

Old 08-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Default Problem may be starting

I have a 2003 Chrysler Town and country with manual heat and a/c controls. Just this past week, when I first start it up, or first turn on the front blower motor it seems to start slowly. It will take anywhere from 3 to 10 seconds to reach full speed. Once it is going I have driven up to 25 minutes at one time with no problems. The slower starting concerns me but I hate to just replace the blower motor without exploring any other posible causes. Any ides would be appreciated. Thank you.