Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2002 T&C Air cond from driver's side vents is not cold

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Default 2002 T&C Air cond from driver's side vents is not cold

When using theair conditioning, the uppervents on the driver's side blow slightly warm air while the passenger side vents blowvery cold. I've got both sliders on the controller all the way to the left.
Sometimes after about 20-30 minutes of driving, the driver's side vents will all of a sudden start blowing cold air. (but still not quite as cold as the passenger side)
Also, if I slide the driver's side temperature slider on theAC controller back and forth from cold to warm to cold, sometimes after 6 or 7 tries, the left side vents turn cold.
Any educated guess as to whether it may be a either a flap or the controller itself?

Old 05-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2002 T&C Air cond from driver's side vents is not cold

U have a leaking condensor which is the big grill looking thing in front of the engine. The freeon is low so it will only coll hafy of the air comming is the driver side air is the furthest away so it is warmer. look at the front of the condensor on the passanger side lower corner u will see wet spot.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:43 AM

I have the same issue with my a/c on my town and country....the passenger side blows warmerer than the driver side. I have put in freon with leak sealer and everything worked fine fora couple of days then the freon ran out and we're back to blowing warm air. I had thought the leak was in the dashboard and hesitate to pull the dashboard out given the labor involved. I'll check the condensor in the engine. I also hear in the rear right vent a hissing noise and am curious if there is possibility of a leak there or if this is normal?
Thx. Bob

Old 07-14-2008, 08:51 AM

I found out through my local mechanic that Chrysler had extended the warranty for the AC in this vehicle due to known issues. I took it to my dealer and they repared it at no cost to me.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
U have a leaking condensor which is the big grill looking thing in front of the engine. The freeon is low so it will only coll hafy of the air comming is the driver side air is the furthest away so it is warmer. look at the front of the condensor on the passanger side lower corner u will see wet spot.
I have this problem but on driver side floor corner there's nothing wet could it be leaking someplace else

Old 04-22-2022, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by rrhea
I found out through my local mechanic that Chrysler had extended the warranty for the AC in this vehicle due to known issues. I took it to my dealer and they repared it at no cost to me.
So what was the problem?