Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 T&C van 3.3-no start?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Default 2003 T&C van 3.3-no start?

hello all,i'm new here,1st post..(just new to this site) i'm working on my mom's 2003 3.3L T & C van.runs great..except it wouldn't start 1 morning.all the lights work,head,dash,radio fan's etc.just wouldn't turn over..found out that i waan't getting any juice to the solenoid(small) wire on the starter..checked all the fuses & relay's.all good.had a friend put his NEW snap-on scanner on it,nothing..i guess chrysler has a block?anyway's he had a bud that work's at the local D-ship.he told him it was the ECM..the module just behind the head light..could not get 1 anywhere in town..lima,ohio..no cores available.so i took it out an sent it to A1 cardone,they rebuilt it .i installed it an it started right up.ran fine for 15 minutes.shut it off thought it was ok.mom was on vacation..well i got the van outa the garage to drive it a bit before she got home,an drove to gas station(5 miles) went in to get a pop/soda an came back out,it had quit running,just died! an is just like the 1st time.no start,no turn over..have all lights,DAMN,sorry so LONG!jeff (just need help with it is all TIA!)another old time friend mechanic said it may be the fuel pump?and that it'd shut the whole system down,but wouldn't it still turn over?jeff

Old 10-20-2011, 05:18 PM

Still around? Fuel pump? Certainly out of the norm but can't rule it out right now. Easy way to check. Turn the key to on/run. Should hear the pump turn on for just a second or two. Have you found any blown fuses?

I'm thinking you have something frying the PCM. It's going to be tough to find since it's so intermittent. Here's a start. Disconnect the battery. Pull any fuses that power the PCM. Now connect a meter to each of the wires that supply power, set the meter to check resistance, now methodically shake any associated wire harness while watching for the meter to jump. Nothing? You'll have to do a methodical inspection of each harness and connections on either end of the circuit. In the mean time, get another PCM.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Default Pcm 2003 t & c

thx raptor for replying..i got a remanned PCM from rock auto,it worked for 2 weeks,then no start..took it to the D-ship,they put a new 1 in it,all's fine now,just cost me $850.00-jeff

Old 10-21-2011, 12:36 PM

Well it's a pricey fix but you're rolling again. Hope the Rock gave you a refund.