Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2005 T&C sunroof fuse - Where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 03:15 PM

Just found this article online as I was intrigued about you guys over the pond having a sunroof. Hope it helps

Is there a fuse to be replaced for the Chrysler sunroof which has stopped working?
Typically on the Chrysler sunroof, the switch is the fuse as there is no separate fuse present for the sunroof. Check if the switch is faulty by checking for power entering and exiting the switch, and replace if necessary. For example, if there is power entering but none exiting then the switch is defective. To test this, a light tester or an OHM reader is required. To replace the switch, disconnect the negative battery cable and isolate it. Next the overhead console should be separated from the headliner by carefully pulling down the front portion toward the windshield thereby releasing the retaining clips. Next the sunroof switch’s retaining tab should be released, the electrical connector disconnected and the switch removed from its console.

Chrysler sunroofs are designed to add function and features to your car. It also enhances the look of the car and can be easily operated through controls on your dashboard. However as seen above you can face a fair number of problems when it fails to close, is jammed, or leaks causing damage. Therefore, to know more about particular Chrysler sunroof problems you are facing, asking Experts can be helpful and informative to arrive at a solution or answer.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:29 AM

Thanks for the info royal100605 I called the dealer to see how much a switch would cost, $56.00. The only problem is none in stock, none in the pipeline, no idea when or if they could ever get one. So I just bought a sunroof switch off of eBay for $39.95 with free shipping.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:19 AM

Would you like the wire diagram? I'll need an email address to send it to via a private message. How? Click Raptor 07 at left.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:07 AM

When I click on your name Raptor 07 it says I don't have access to that page. Not sure why?

Old 05-03-2015, 03:38 AM

Are you signed in? I recall someone saying something about having to have a minimum number of posts before you can send PMs. I thought it was 5. You're ok there. Maybe it's 10?

Old 05-04-2015, 08:32 PM

Okay, I received the new/used sunroof switch from eBay but i still can't figure out how to remove the headliner console to install it. I have tried to find the clips that hold it on but that thing is holding on TIGHT! I have tried to remove it but I feel like I'm going to either break the console or pull the headliner down with the console. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-15-2020, 08:28 PM

A sunroof was not an option from the manufacture. However, that didn't stop dealers from installing sunroofs and after market security systems. In my case, whoever did the install (sunroof and security) was a hack. The headliner was butchered, the wiring was shoddy and sloppy, I think it is safe to assume a fuse was added somewhere. Remove the fuses one-by-one until you find one that is (likely) burnt .