Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2008 front sidemarker lamp replace

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Default 2008 front sidemarker lamp replace

Hey guys,

Well it's been one thing after another. Need to replace a burnt out RF side marker lamp on wife's T&C. Can anyone tell me how to get to it? Tried removing the headlamp housing by removing one visible bolt on top but it wouldn't budge. Dropped the inner fender well for access to the socket and pulled the wiring connector off but couldn't get the lamp holder off the back of the headlamp housing. Can anyone give me any help on this. Wife won't be driving again 'till I can replace it. Thanks very much for any help.

Lou

Last edited by StratLou; 12-05-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:38 PM

Not at all sure this is your light but a procedure I have for an 07 states this: Push the side repeater lamp to the right and release retaining tab on the left. Pull side repeater lamp out and disengage bulb socket from lamp.

This is one of many procedures listed. None are titled "side marker lamp". I'm only guessing this may be the equivalent.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:57 PM

The '08 headlamp housing is different than the '07, it seems, so I'm not sure if the procedure would work. I wonder if by side repeater the instructions mean a turn signal lamp vs the side marker. I couldn't really figure out the procedure you presented as the description of the connector and socket seemed different. Wish it was the one as I'm a bit stumped right now.
Does the procedure you have show a picture of the lamp socket, etc at all? Thanks for the info.

Lou

Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 AM

In fact I was expecting a diagram but there wasn't one. Sure would make things easier. I'd bet if you swing by your dealership they could show you in less than a minute. Usually they will fess up the info on small jobs like this... usually.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 12-06-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:27 AM

Well, the bulb has been changed. It's easy when you know how. For anyone who needs instructions, this link will help save time:

Parking Light Change 2008-2010 Chrysler Town and Country - 2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4.0L V6

Anyone with average to smaller sized hands and arms can get to the lamp easily without struggling. It helped me to remove the air cleaner housing cover as the bulb was on the right front of the vehicle in this case. Those who can't reach behind the headlamp housing easily (as well as those who cannot turn the lampholder easily) will need to open the inner wheel well a bit. Two screws that attach the front portion of the inner fender well to the fender will need to be removed, as well as 3 black clips (using a door panel removal tool is easiest) attaching the inner fender well to the body and each other. This will give access from the rear to get a plier on the lamp holder to turn it as it was too difficult to loosen up from reaching behind the headlamp housing. Use care in turning so as not to break the housing or it's fastening points. Once loosened, it's easily removed from behind the headlamp housing. Replace the bulb then reverse the procedure. That's it. Hope that helps someone.
Also, that weblink has videos for many other things on many other vehicles as well. Nice site.

Lou