Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 T&C Which sensor do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 02:22 PM
Default 2008 T&C Which sensor do I need?

I have a 2008 Town and Country 3.8L. I must've hit something on the road because my oil pan got bent and started leaking oil, and a sensor fell off of where it was mounted and just dangled. My sensor "seemed" to be fine but where it mounted to was busted. I also now have three lights on my instrument cluster that are lighting up. ABS light, Traction Control Light, and ESP BAS light. At first, these lights didn't come on all the time, but when they did come on, all three lights would come on the same time. The sensor that was dangling by a wire is a Tire Pressure Monitor Control Module. I had the mechanic install it back into the bumper of the car with zip-ties. But all three lights remain on.

Mechanic did a scan of my van with a Snap-On Scanner. Here is what came up. Steering Angle Sensor Internal - Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Signal Erratic Performance - Tire Pressure Sensor Location Unknown - Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) - Instrument Cluster Module (CCN) .

My mechanic is "thinking the left rear wheel speed sensor could be the problem that is causing the ABS. TRACTION CONTROL, AND ESP BAS lights to come on. Now also, at time when I am driving, the vehicle will tell me that one of the tires is low. I stop and pump them all up, but the warning keeps popping up on occasion. But what I am wanting to fix, or at least fix first, is the three dummy lights that are on my instrument cluster. Does anyone know what I need in order for me to avoid buying unnecessary parts and spending unnecessary labor?

Thank you in advance!